University District Organization Columbus, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Executive Director will lead two organizations - the University District Organization (UDO) and the University Community Business Association (UCBA). Both have grown substantially grown over the past five years through program development and neighborhood services. The Executive Director will join with a stable and supportive Board of Directors, strong financial stability and a solid reputation amongst the community, university leadership, and city departments. The Executive Director will provide overall leadership and strategic direction for UDO & UCBA’s community-based programs. The position will report to a single board that oversees both UDO and UCBA. The Executive Director, a visionary leader, skilled relationship builder, and expert community and non-profit leader, serves as the primary liaison for community advocates, business owners, and residents, including city of Columbus and Ohio State University staff, state agencies, police, neighborhood associations, social service agencies, and property owners. A collaborative leader and expert in urban best practices, the Executive Director will be experienced in working closely with boards and public sector officials and be comfortable with street-level interactions key to credible communications with neighborhood stakeholders. With the recent five-year management contract between the UDO and the University District Special Improvement District (UDSID), the new Executive Director starts in a strong, advantageous position. A confident, energetic, and forward-thinking leader, the new Executive Director must adapt quickly, efficiently, and effectively to ensure the success of the University District’s many parts and provide innovative strategies on delivering high quality services to the District. This leader will cultivate trust and integrity both internally and externally in order to help positively transform the University District’s rapidly evolving business landscape. major objectives.
Within the first 12 to 18 months, the Executive Director will achieve the following major objectives:
• Successfully lead a 4 month neighborhood visioning process involving University Distinct residents, businesses, and key stakeholders
• Build, lead, and assess UDO’s new outreach program in partnership with Ohio State University’s College of Social Work and Southeast Healthcare
• Adapt to an evolving post-pandemic reality and guide the community through change • Elevate the brand of the UDO, UCBA, and UDSID by promoting it as a strong visible community partner
• Strengthen current strategic partnerships and identify and cultivate new potential partners Executive Director responsibilities
The Executive Director will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Provide vision, strategic leadership, and momentum in advancing UDO, UCBA, UDSID’s programs.
• Working closely with the board, start a process to develop and implement a new strategic plan to advance the organizations.
• Hire, lead, manage, inspire, and grow UDO contract staff while promoting a culture of high performance, innovation, and continuous improvement.
• Serve as the key spokesperson for the organization; raise awareness and enhance understanding of the work of UDO, UCBA, and the UDSID.
• Manage the annual budget of the organization.
• Provide strong financial management and oversight of all financial transactions, and provide accurate and timely updates and reports to UDO and UDSID boards.
• Identify, cultivate, and solicit new potential sources of revenue, including the potential of increased charitable and grant revenue.
• Convene and work in partnership with government officials, community advocates, service providers, university leaders, business owner, and developers engaging in the University District.
• Continue to collaborate with other SIDs citywide.
• Maintain and enhance vibrant, productive relationships with commissions, civic associations, and block watches.
• Maintain regular communication with UDO’s Board of Directors, providing complete and accurate activity reports on a regular basis.
organization incorporated in 1971 to work toward the stabilization and revitalization of the
University District. An “organization of organizations,” the UDO is governed by a board of
trustees representing community groups, social service agencies, businesses, area nonprofits and institutions. It also works to coordinate interests and policies of the University
Community Association, University Area Commission, and University Area Review Board to
promote effective change in the district. The UDO is also home to the University Community
Business Association (UCBA) and oversees the management of the University District Special
Improvement District (UDSID)
University District OrganizationWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity for a self-directed ED to manage change in the dynamic, vibrant neighborhoods surrounding The Ohio State University!
The University District Organization (UDO) is a non-profit planning and community improvement organization incorporated in 1971 to work toward the stabilization and revitalization of the University District. An “organization of organizations,” the UDO is governed by a board of trustees representing community groups, social service agencies, businesses, area nonprofits and institutions. It also works to coordinate interests and policies of the University Community Association, University Area Commission, and University Area Review Board to promote effective change in the district. The UDO is also home to the University Community Business Association (UCBA) and oversees the management of the University District Special Improvement District (UDSID)
2231 North High StreetColumbus, OH