We are currently looking for an upbeat, organized and confident candidate to join our team and support the HR Director and the Home Office staff in an assortment of duties ranging from new hire paperwork to event planning to payroll administration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
HR Specialist Duties
- Manage New Hire Process including processing of background checks and drug screens
- Creating and filing of New Hire Paperwork
- Ensuring all New Hire Paperwork is completed including I9’s
- Update ADP system with new hires, terminations and status changes for employees
- Assist in processing of FMLA, STD, LTD and Workers Comp paperwork to ADP
- Respond to unemployment claims including providing all necessary information
- Responsible for creation of quarterly company newsletter
- Manage job postings on multiple sites including Zip Recruiter and Indeed
- Assist in recruiting process for various property management positions
- Administer New Hire Surveys
- Administer Anniversary Awards Program
- Assist with Home Office Activity Planning such as birthday’s, holiday lunches and manager’s conference
- Process Invoices
- Assist with reminders and follow up on milestones throughout the year including benefits enrollment, performance reviews etc.
- · Create and manage job postings on various platforms including; Zip Recruiter, Indeed and LinkedIn
- · Manage recruiting budget on individual job postings
- · Review resumes
- · Process interview assessments as needed
- · Search resume database for prospective candidates as needed
- Assist in the preparation and process of semi-Monthly payrolls, company-wide, including but not limited to data entry ensuring that changes are entered correctly and promptly within the ADP system.
- Generate payroll reports as requested
- Assist other departments with ad hoc projects
- Manage Staples account for ordering office supplies
- Answer and screen phone calls, as needed
- Manage office supply ordering
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of human resource and payroll functions or equivalent transferable skills
- Understanding of ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Exercise a high level of attention to detail and confidentiality, including abiding by all HIPPA protection policies.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and constant interruptions.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrate superior communication skills in person, over the phone and through email and other electronic means.
- Valid driver's license, a clean criminal background
- Ability to successfully pass Post-offer background check and drug screening
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Business preferred