Intern Program Coordinator, LaRC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
USRA is seeking an experienced Intern Program Coordinator for a full-time exempt position in Hampton, Virginia at NASA Langley Research Center. The successful candidate will have demonstrated abilities in administering project planning, tracking, logistics, and compliance for government-funded programs focused on promoting science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines and internship opportunities.
This position is an 8-month project with the possibility of extension.
- Assist the Intern Program Manager, and NASA Internship Leads in all aspects of project management including strategic planning, data gathering, analysis, development, communication, status tracking, implementation, documentation, monitoring, and follow-up, associated with NASA Internships activities.
- Collaborate with NASA Internship Leads to provide on-site implementation and assist with operational elements for USRA’s interns located at NASA Langley Research Center.
- Follow through on action items generated from team meetings.
- Participate in required meetings, activities, and related projects and relevant interdepartmental activities.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Director of Education and Program Managers.
- Coordinate selection, placement, and management of interns, including provision of pre-arrival, enrichment, exit activities, support mentors and interns for student deliverables.
- Integrate best practices and innovative approaches to streamline internship program and implementation plan.
- Coordinate all logistics for student orientation, enrichment activities, and poster sessions.
- Work collaboratively with fellow Intern Program Coordinators to address related tasks effectively.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, business management, administration, or related degree required.
- 3-5 years relevant experience of successful experience administering related projects or educational programs.
- Excellent professional and technical written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop relationships and create effective solutions to communication problems.
- Ability to work independently requiring time management, self-reliance, and strong work ethic.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to secure a government security background investigation approval to secure appropriate access to government facilities.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends, as necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its applications.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc. Extensive online usage. This is largely a sedentary role.
Up to 25% travel.
Applicants should apply to the posting at USRA Careers and include a letter of interest, resume, or curriculum vita. Additional information on USRA can be found at www.usra.edu.
If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your HR Recruiter for further information.
USRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Universities Space Research Association
BusinessView all jobs at Universities Space Research Association