- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Manager's primary duty is managing the kitchen staff. .
We offer healthcare and supplemental benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, short term, long-term disability, pet insurance, and much more), generous paid time off program and 401K Retirement Plan. All full-time employees qualify for full-time benefits. Click Here to See All the Great Benefits You Will Receive as an Employee
See more about us here: Watch Me To Learn About How Exciting it is to Work for Air Culinaire Worldwide
Responsibilities and Associated Duties:
• The Operations Manager's primary responsibility is to directly supervise Sous Chefs and/or other kitchen employees (including chefs, lead cooks/chefs, cooks, dishwashers, garde cooks and prep cooks). In addition, the Executive Chef will manage the kitchen operations to achieve the highest profitability while maintaining Air Culinaire Worldwide Standards. This includes sourcing local produce, and maintaining inventory of essential ingredients. Interview and hire Sous Chefs and other direct reports.
• Supervise Sous Chefs and other direct reports, including designing, coordinating and directing work activities, evaluating job performance, scheduling, and tracking attendance; advise Sous Chefs on evaluation of job performance of their direct reports.
• Make (or recommend to General Manager) disciplinary and discharge decisions for Sous Chefs and other direct reports; advise Sous Chefs on disciplinary and discharge decisions for their direct reports.
• Provide food preparation and food safety training to Sous Chefs and other direct reports
• Develop and implement regional recipes as required.
• Monitor Customer deviations and implement changes as needed.
• Perform food demonstrations at FBO’s and conferences
• Coordinate food preparation in hot and cold sides of the kitchen
• Maintains good knowledge of current food trends.
• Implements Food Safety procedures, oversees/purchases food supplies, establishes production levels and inventory controls, manages/controls food cost issues.
• Responsible for ensuring timely food production by kitchen staff.
• Maintains Air Culinaire Worldwide kitchen SOP as required.
• Participate in and implement Sales and Marketing programs as required.
• Safely operate company vehicles and drive in compliance with all local and federal laws and regulations.
• Dress professionally and within the guidelines of Company procedures including the company approved uniform.
• Carry company provided telephones/radios at all times when on duty out of the office and communicate with your local operation and the company call center as required or needed. Minimize the use of cell phone time by utilizing “walkie-talkie” functionality if available.
• All other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Measures of Success:
- Smart Goals- success will be measured using the Smart Goals, which are established annually, just prior to the new Fiscal Year starting which include:
- Specific Job Responsibilities
- Stellar Customer Service
- Integrity & Accountability
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Teamwork Commitment
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Four-year culinary degree or equivalent experience (minimum 5-7 yearsin a kitchen environment within catering or fine dining establishment) required.
• Safe Food Handling Certificate
• Strong experience in ordering, inventory, setting up par levels, recipe selection, culinary preparation and knife skills are a must.
• Other required experience includes food and equipment safety
• strong knowledge of food production.
• Individual must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as be proficient in email, internet use, and basic office software programs.
• Must have demonstrated ability to manage and maintain customer accounts, as well as attention to detail.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong Managerial skills, including team-building, hiring, disciplining, performance reviews, cross-training and employee development.
• The Executive Chef must have an excellent driving record and valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a FAA on-ramp security clearance and pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Flexible work schedule required, including weekends and holidays and frequent travel availability a must. Candidate must be able to travel in accordance with the current Air Culinaire Worldwide Travel Policy.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, reach and carry with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position description highlights a general description of duties and responsibilities. Employee(s) may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described herein, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Universal Weather and Aviation
AddressSan Jose, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Universal Weather and Aviation