Quality Assurance Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Universal Stainless & Alloy Products, Inc., established in 1994, is headquartered in Bridgeville, PA, with plants in North Jackson, OH, Dunkirk, NY, and Titusville, PA. Universal Stainless produces semi-finished and finished specialty steel long products and plate including stainless steel, tool steel, bearing steel, gear steel, and aircraft quality low alloy steels for use in a variety of industries, some you may know: Boeing, Ford, Chrysler, CAT, Toshiba, and GE Energy to name a few. Universal is committed to providing the best quality, delivery, and service possible
Universal is looking for responsible, energetic new team members to support our manufacturing process.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY
ENJOY EXCELLENT BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug - 1st day of employment
Life Insurance – Equal to Annual Salary - 1st day of employment
Company Contribution Pension Plan
401(k) with Match
Paid Holidays & Vacation
MANAGER OF QUALITY ASSURANCE - BRIDGEVILLE
To develop, implement and maintain a Quality standard and to provide a high level of assurance to customers that USAP products and services meet all prescribed requirements.Basic function
This position requires solid Quality System Management skills and abilities to provide direction to the organization. Develop, implement, administer, and improve the USAP Quality System for plant operations, subcontractors, and vendors ensuring that incoming materials, supplied services, and final products are shipped to meet customer and regulatory requirements.Responsibilities
- Maintain USAP Quality System to associated certifications – ISO 9001, AS9100, Nadcap Heat Treating, and Materials Testing.
- Maintain current registered customer approvals while providing support for new approvals.
- Provide training as needed to support USAP quality objectives.
- Perform internal audits; supplier audits/evaluations; provide input to management reviews.
- Evaluate non-conformances and customer returns for trends and appropriate corrective action.
- Provide inter-departmental support; coordinate outside QA audits/surveys.
- Report the performance of the quality system (management review) to executive management.
- Facilitate advanced quality product planning activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with customers, suppliers, and outside organizations.
- Ability to interface with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Strong training/coaching/presentation skills.
- Skills of persuasion to sell management, workers, and suppliers on the benefits of quality concepts.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency.
- 5+ years of previous Quality Management experience in a metals manufacturing or processing environment. Aerospace is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in quality areas (prefer experience in quality auditing, steelmaking, and project management).
BS degree in engineering or related materials science curriculum is preferred.
Director, Quality Assurance
Universal Stainless is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
TechnologyView all jobs at Universal Stainless