Multi Craft Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
!! $1,500 HIRING BONUS !!
SECOND SHIFT POSITION - 2:30 to 11:00 p.m.
! $2.00 SHIFT PREMIUM !
Under limited supervision, the Multi-Craft Maintenance Mechanic A will work in an industrial recycling environment working with process and physical plant equipment. Duties include diagnosing and repairing all mechanical and electrical maintenance issues associated with maintaining production machinery and equipment throughout the facility.
Essential Job Functions
- Installation and repair of control panels and associated components, motor control circuits, building and lighting circuits.
- Diagnose electrical systems, circuit breakers and low voltage power distribution systems, AC/DC motors, PLC and VFD drive systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical systems of the production and physical plant equipment.
- Read electrical/mechanical and schematic drawings to maintain equipment in a safe working manner in accordance with appropriate codes and ordinances.
- Repair and maintain mechanical equipment, air compressors, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, gear boxes, and air handler units.
- Operate shop machinery, drill press, laths, milling machine and hand tools.
- Perform layout, fabrication and modification of metals and piping systems by means of brazing, solder, arc, mig, tig welding, to include cutting by plasma and acetylene torch.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of necessary spare parts and materials.
- Reports daily work activities, procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions to Plant Manager.
- Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment.
- Assist in training of lower class maintenance personnel and staff.
- Responds to emergency service requests as directed by Plant Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of electrical wiring, circuits, and switches
- Advanced knowledge of welding equipment and oxy-acetylene torch
- Physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment, including diagnostic tools.
- Ability to be forklift certified
- Must meet minimum security requirements of Data Control/Asset Departments.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by our current and any future insurance carriers.
- Ability to speak, read, write English
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manage time, and multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form
Education and Experience
Associates Degree or equivalent technical training and 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience working with complex systems and equipment in an industrial environment.
Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Universal Recycling TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Great Health Benefits -- PTO after 90 days -- Work/Life Balance !!
Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) is a certified recycling company that provides electronics recycling, universal waste recycling and asset recovery solutions across a diverse range of market segments including OEMs, retailers, municipalities and Fortune 500 organizations. URT is headquartered in Wisconsin, with additional facilities in New Hampshire, Oregon, and Texas. We are e-Stewards®, NAID® AAA, ISO 9001:2015, and ISO 14001:2015 certified. Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
2535 Beloit AvenueJanesville, WI
Real EstateView all jobs at Universal Recycling Technologies