- $70,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
CHECK OUT THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY !!
The Commodities Manager assures inbound material is properly qualified, the operations upgrade process is ensuring best value of outbound commodities, and works with downstream vendors to guarantee our material meets their standards for URT to receive the best value for products shipped. This position works on transactions that require an in-depth knowledge of commodities and trends, soliciting and negotiating the purchase and sale of commodities, and frequently serves as the initial point of contact for domestic and international commodity buyers, requiring a high degree of professionalism. Provides quality control support to ensure company goals are met as well as provide technical and operational guidance and training to company staff as directed by VP of Sales and Marketing.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
- Stop production if serious product defects are present.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
- Create and maintain documents and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interacts with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintains active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Coordinates efforts between operations, sales, and leadership teams.
- Sources materials for processing, upgrading and resale.
- Develop program to purchase commodities directly or through sales group from local markets.
- Knowledge of marketing, pricing, negotiation skills, commodity hedging, etc.
- Works with the Directors and Plant Managers throughout the organization to manage and control commodities.
- Investigates and identifies market opportunities for URT commodity streams.
- Interface and negotiate with commodities buyers globally to ensure highest returns.
- Assists in downstream audit and verification of commodity buyer destination facilities.
- Explores strategic partnerships with other commodity producing companies.
- Explore and research potential new markets for product development/marketing for commodities / developing uses for waste materials.
- Travel as required to meet new business objectives and as directed by departmental manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office environment, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database management
- Ability to read, interpret, and develop departmental budgets.
- Ability to research and calculate market based pricing for commodity sales.
- Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures using formulas in spreadsheets and calculator.
- Highly motivated self-starter, ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem solving and solution development experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to other URT facility and customer sites, some overnight travel required.
- Speak, read, write English.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management or Sales preferred, or the equivalent in experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in commodities markets.
Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Great Health Benefits -- PTO after 90 days -- help save the environment!
Universal Recycling Technologies (URT) is a certified recycling company that provides electronics recycling, universal waste recycling and asset recovery solutions across a diverse range of market segments including OEMs, retailers, municipalities and Fortune 500 organizations. URT is headquartered in Wisconsin, with additional facilities in New Hampshire, Oregon, and Texas. We are e-Stewards®, NAID® AAA, ISO 9001:2015, and ISO 14001:2015 certified. Universal Recycling Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified or qualifiable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Universal Recycling TechnologiesJanesville, WI
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.