UPS Industrial is searching for a QA/QC Regional Supervisor of rotating equipment to join our growing team.
This position will oversee all aspects of quality control in relationship to our finished products and services. Must maintain and/or develop working knowledge of applicable industry standards, and UPS quality policies and procedures. Must perform assigned duties in a safe manner, and ensures employees comply with established quality programs and safe work habits.
- Assist operations with development and communication of quality plans for all projects within their specific profit center(s) upon project initiation and see it through to completion.
- Assistance with development of standard quality packages based on project scope and equipment type.
- Provide mentoring and training to operations supervision regarding quality expectations and discuss the importance.
- Attend operations meetings, boot camps, etc., to maintain a comprehension of opportunities for quality improvement, identify areas of concern with on-going and up-coming projects, and to build relationships with operations management and supervision.
- Identify voids in our quality system regarding technical procedures and/or data sheets during the project initiation phase and prior to execution.
- Perform pre-job audits regarding quality plans and packages within their specific profit center(s).
- Perform in-process audits on projects in the field within their specific profit center(s).
- Perform completion audits on final documentation of projects prior to archiving within their specific profit center(s).
- Perform quality audits on non-UPS subcontractors within their specific profit center(s).
- Assist the Corporate Quality Manager with Nonconformance and customer complaint investigations within their specific profit center(s).
- Compose technical non-conformance reports per ISO:9001 and manage follow-up investigation to support disposition and corrective action.
- Responsible for sourcing and training Quality manpower within the assigned region.
Undergraduate degree in a relevant technical field such as Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or Industrial Technology and 4+ years of experience with mechanical rotating equipment
High School Diploma or equivalent and 10+ years of experience as a Journeyman Millwright or NCCER Millwright working on, with, and around rotating equipment in a craftsman, supervisor, or technical advisor capacity. Equipment knowledge shall include, but not be limited to,:
- Reciprocating Compressors
- Centrifugal Compressors
- Fin-Fans/Air Coolers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competent grammatical and technical writing and skills
- Must have solid working knowledge and experience using Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and other common office software applications
- Must be able and willing to travel as required based on project needs
- Must be able to function in a construction/refinery environment (lifting, climbing, exposure to outdoor climates, etc.) and pass a drug screening and a criminal background check
- General comprehension of Safe Work Permitting, PPE requirements, Job Safety Analysis development, etc.
- Must be responsive to calls, emails, and text messages in a timely fashion; position requires 24/7 availability