Universal Metal Products, located in Wickliffe, Ohio, specializes in custom metal forming, serving customers globally in the Appliance, Transportation and Industrial markets for over 60 years. We are strategically located in three US locations with over 100 forming machines. We provide tooling design, value-added assembly, heat treat and finishing operations. Our success is a result of our diverse, talented and hard-working teams. We’re committed to teamwork, training and development, continuous improvement and the safety and well-being of our people.
We have an immediate need for Machine Operators on first shift.
First shift: Monday- Friday, 6a-2:30p
- Operate a variety of metal forming equipment (specifically Fourslide and Multislide machines)
- Responsible for quality of parts: perform quality checks before, during, and after production runs
- Inspects parts using measurement tools (micrometers, calipers, gauges)
- Perform daily machine maintenance and general housekeeping
- Responsible for machine reporting paperwork and logging information
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment (metal stamping preferred)
- Prior experience running machinery also helpful
- Strong math and mechanical aptitude needed
- Attendance and punctuality crucial to the position- candidates must be reliable and dependable
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Willingness to learn and must possess a strong work ethic