Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc. East Peoria, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
Logistics Insight Corporation (LINC) is a leading third party logistics provider (3PL) that offers a broad scope of services throughout the entire supply chain. LINC's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings. Currently, LINC is seeking Warehouse Safety Specialist candidates for our East Peoria, IL operation.
This position is an mid-level, specialist role. The successful candidate can expect the following:
As a Safety representative, this role will be responsible for:
- First responder for all incidents to lead and conduct investigations and intervene in unsafe activities and operations.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to provide strategic oversight and leadership of the Safety Program.
- Develop and implement safety initiatives for the facility.
- Manage the preparation and submittal of all OSHA Reporting Requirements.
- Manage, prepare, and report on all required monthly and quarterly performance reports and metrics for safety.
- Develop, conduct, and supervise safety training of more than 100+ employees: including external regulatory and internal management programs.
- Lead Safety Program initiatives to reduce risk, eliminate incidents, and ensure they are performed within external regulatory requirements and company guidelines.
- Develop and Manage the Facility Safety/First Aid Team and conduct monthly meetings.
- Manage the Job Safety Analysis and Personal Protection Equipment Hazard Assessment.
- Update the Safety Data Sheet Manual annually and First Aid Supplies as needed.
- Create, develop, implement, and document safety programs in accordance with Local, State, and Federal OSHA requirements; and in compliance with company policies and management systems.
- Represent the facility for any regulatory agencies and outside vendors in the areas of safety and OSHA.
- Develop and manage the 6S program.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in a related field, two years’ experience in field, or participation in University program in related field (preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong detail orientation
- Self-motivated and driven
- Strong communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package including major medical, dental, 401K, and vacation in addition to offering upward mobility within the company. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization, do not hesitate, respond today!
Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc.Why Work Here?
Growing industry with lots of room for advancement!
Universal Logistics Holdings is a full-service provider of customized transportation and logistics solutions. For over 80 years, we have provided complete services including dry van and specialized transportation, intermodal drayage, material handling and value-added services, and global trade management. Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
AddressEast Peoria, IL