If you are looking to enhance, change, or even start your career in the logistics and supply chain field, we have the position for you! Our Operations Managers play a pivotal role in the overall success of our operations in being the face of the company to our various customers. One would be tasked with warehouse and inventory management as well as managing and leading our general workforce to meet operational goals.
Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc. (ULH) is a leading single-source logistics provider that offers a broad scope of services throughout the entire supply chain. Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
Our operation is based in Ridgeville, SC, and supports a major automotive corporation. We manage and operate a 120,000 square foot warehouse facility, which encompasses unloading, stocking, and pulling part requests for an inventory of 60 SKUs.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- 4+ years of management experience in warehouse/distribution environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Supply or related field preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Warehouse management system (WMS) experience
- Problem solving and analytical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership and customer service skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to multitask
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Management of inventory and material flow
- Ensure staffing and resource needs are met on both day-to-day and strategic basis.
- Accountability for operational issues and customer interaction.
- Ensure facility personnel are in compliance with respect to company policy, procedure, safety and quality guidelines.
- Reports related to production, quality, safety, staffing, maintenance, and discrepancies
- Meet with customer and all parties involved to identify, evaluate and correct any performance related issues
- Act as a liaison between the company and customers forming and maintaining positive relationships
- Other tasks delegated by the customer and/or Regional Manager
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package including major medical, dental, 401K, and vacation in addition to offering upward mobility within the company. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization, do not hesitate, respond today!
Check us out on the web at: www.universallogistics.com!
Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc.
Why Work Here?Universal Logistics Holdings is a full-service provider of customized transportation and logistics solutions. For over 80 years, we have provided complete services including dry van and specialized transportation, intermodal drayage, material handling and value-added services, and global trade management. Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
Growing industry with lots of room for advancement!