Universal Intermodal Services Inc. is currently seeking a Fleet Manager for their Memphis, TN facility. They are seeking aggressive, forward thinking and highly motivated candidates to work in a fast-paced environment. If you love a challenge and are looking for a rewarding career, this opportunity may be right for you.
Universal continues to focus on the expanding needs of the intermodal marketplace. Universal provides customized intermodal solutions including drayage, container yard management, maintenance and repair, domestic container and intermodal flatbed. Our national footprint and ability to conduct business with all major steamship lines and rails gives our customers seamless and consistent service.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
· Intermodal experience
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Problem solving and analytical skills, as well as a strong attention to detail
· Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
· A competitive and career oriented mindset
· Desire to surround customer with excellence in service
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Coordinating contractor and driver activities
· Managing inbound and outbound freight flow
· Planning and implementing delivery routes for drivers
· Effective communication with terminal operations personnel to build strong connectivity between terminal and corporate operations
· Management of internal operating procedures
· Processing multiple calls simultaneously from internal as well as external customers
· Ownership of all communication regarding changes that impact internal and external customers
· Various reports on production, quality, timeliness, staffing, maintenance, and discrepancies
· Other tasks delegated by the customer and/or Terminal Manager
Universal Intermodal offers a competitive base salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401K, and vacation in addition to offering upward mobility within the company. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization, please reply with an attachment of your resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
Universal Logistics Holdings, Inc.
Why Work Here?Universal Logistics Holdings is a full-service provider of customized transportation and logistics solutions. For over 80 years, we have provided complete services including dry van and specialized transportation, intermodal drayage, material handling and value-added services, and global trade management. Universal's experienced management team, with its state-of-the-art technology, provides customized logistics solutions to its customers resulting in proven efficiencies and savings.
Growing industry with lots of room for advancement!