- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Universal Industries, Inc., founded in 1906, has been a bulk material handling industry innovator for over half of a century. Beginning with bucket elevators and belt conveyors, Universal's blue equipment is seen all over the country from fields to foundries and from quarries to food plants, with the company headquarters located in Cedar Falls, IA. Universal Industries, Inc. targets many different markets, from seed and grain to pet food and bullets and is an industry leader in the seed market because of our "gentle handling" elevators. The Master Schedulers general responsibilities include; managing products and materials through various production phases to ensure the most cost efficient support of established production levels and company business objectives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, maintain, review and modify production schedules in a low volume, high mix business.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and communicating the daily production schedule, including the creation and release of work orders.
- Schedule production, factoring in work orders, maintenance, new product development, inventory availability and capacity planning.
- Control and monitor project schedules by effectively communicating across appropriate departments such as production, purchasing, and warehouse as needed.
- Reviewing schedules to determine materials and parts requirements to ensure materials are available according to schedules.
- Review/analyze activity duration and logic sequences/ identify potential problems and prompt pro-active correction of situations.
- Manage cycle counting process.
- Work to drive out inventory inaccuracy using root cause analysis, with the goal of improving overall system reliability.
- Create, train, and implement best practices through written processes using Lean concepts to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Identify risks associated with the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times.
- Identify operations that delay schedules. Collaborate to make improvements in those areas.
- Lead SIOP activities.
- Establish, maintain and modify safety stock, run quantities to best utilize capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years supply chain, production scheduling, demand planning, or operation experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Understanding of scheduling, lead times, capacity and cost analysis.
- Ability to work extremely well under pressure and changing dynamics
- Deadline oriented
- Working knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures, manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Self-starter, highly self-motivated, structured and disciplined.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Universal Industries, Inc., is an EEOE and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- 401K plan with company match
AddressCedar Falls, IA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Universal Industries