Primary Job Tasks/Requirements:
· Adhere to safety, ESD and 5S policies.
· Follow instructions from Supervisor or Management
· Perform at an acceptable quality and productivity level.
· Test and troubleshoot circuit boards (to component level) per UEI documentation and quality standards.
· Follow rules and guidelines as written in the UEI Employee Handbook.
· Maintain good attendance and work required overtime.
· Work as a team to do first articles and achieve TAKT times
· Assist testers with equipment setup and operation.
· Perform minor soldering and desoldering operations, time and skills permitting
· Update SPC, FPY and On Job databases in accordance with UEI work instructions.
· Assist Test Engineer with test fixture assembly as required.
· Prepare failure analysis reports for customers as required.
· Inform Test Engineering of defective test fixtures, test equipment and procedures.
· Report any major production errors that would affect product quality.
· Training Test Department Personnel to develop skills that are required
· Any other duties deemed necessary and appropriate by the supervisor or management team.
Education and / or Job Experience:
· Minimum of an Associate of Applied Science in Electronics or equivalent degree or equivalent military training in electronics
· Extensive test and troubleshooting experience
· Training and experience in computer systems
· Working knowledge of the Business Operation System in areas relating to primary job tasks.
· Complete component identification, safety and ESD orientation/training.
· Complete training levels as deemed necessary to meet production needs
· Working knowledge of UEI process documentation and schematics
· Ability to use various test equipment to aid in troubleshooting
· Needs to have good verbal and writing skills.
· Working knowledge of IPC-A-610D.
· Department supervisor will define any additional training required.
· Review of annual training videos.
· Annual Handling and Good Documentation Practices
· Annual soldering certification (if required by supervisor)
· Reference training records.