Position: Manufacturing Operations Manager
Location: Glendale Heights, IL
Employee Type: Full-time
Reports to: VP
Experience: 10+ Years of operations/manufacturing management experience in a liquid compounding and liquid fill plant.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain or Cosmetics (or CPG) manufacturing management experience.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager owns the operational strategy for the company while also providing leadership to the day-to-day management of the company’s activities, ensuring that the entire manufacturing Operation is performing efficiently and effectively. Also lead several key supply chain and manufacturing initiatives including MRP (raw material planning) implementation, production capacity planning and optimization, an overall product change management process, and leads the pilot S&OP (sales and operations planning) initiative with the whole team.
- Directly manages employees in production, procurement, warehouse, maintenance, inventory, production scheduling, planning and distribution to ensure coordination and foster a strong working relationship between sales and operations to maintain a forecast and associated supply to meet customer demand while managing inventory costs against working capital targets.
- Develops Lean principles to drive process improvement including; identifying, recommending and executing continuous improvement initiatives in processes, machinery, method and material changes, in support of company goals. Develop and implement SOP’s and streamline procedures, protocols, and standardized work across all aspects of the manufacturing process and support areas.
- Establish Operations Metrics/Root Cause Analytics and monitor the departments’ operational performance.
- Coordinate the execution of production schedules, planning, materials releases and inventory needs based on planned requirements and capacity to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Identify, develop and implement capital expenditure projects to enhance safety, quality and productivity and needs for staffing, development, machinery and technology while managing the departments’ budgets and staffing needs.
- Responsible for Inventory Adjustment, Cycle Counts and inventory reports in the SAP
- Manage the SAP Master Data Governance (BOM’s, Item Master), MRP Configuration/Maintenance.
- Ensure a safe and orderly working environment, free of slip/trip hazards; maintain compliance to meet/exceed all site and regulatory requirements.
- Identify, justify, and recommend best in class programs and development of quality systems to support the reduction of waste and drive the organization to zero defects.
- Work closely with other departments as necessary (i.e., Quality, R&D, Sales, etc.).
- Work with R&D to manufacture new products or improve current products and processes that meet quality and cost-effectiveness standards and guide product and systems development for manufacturability.
- Drives employee engagement; Sets goals, assesses performance, ensures open communication, provides coaching and training to develop and grow workforce and establish a team atmosphere with an emphasis on lean concepts, WMS, change management, cross-training, safety and driving employee ownership of company leadership principles and results.
- Mentor, challenge, and develop personnel within the operations organization with an emphasis on lean concepts, WMS, change management, cross-training, safety and driving employee ownership of company leadership principles and results
- Ensure compliance with established GMP guidelines on a daily basis
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor
- 10+ Years of manufacturing management in hands-on operational roles within a liquid compounding and liquid fill plant
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain or Cosmetics (or CPG) manufacturing management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven knowledge of regulatory and CGMP policies and procures as they relate to cosmetic filling.
- Proven leadership and people development skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer applications, including SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience managing in an ISO certified operation
- Facilities and production equipment maintenance management experience
- Lean Six Sigma certification and/or experience is a plus
- Available to work day shift, occasionally may need to work on Saturday and evening.
- Able to safely lift and carry up to 25 pounds (raw materials or equipment)
- Production scheduling (demand planning) experience is a plus.
- Organized, high energy, data driven, and results oriented.