Position Summary: Preferred knowledge and experience of automotive industry (Tier 1 to 3) “Customer Specific Requirements.” Responsible for routine monitoring and maintenance of quality systems, applying sold engineering principles to investigate quality issues, propose and implement data driven solutions. Responsible for PPAP submissions and related External/Internal interactions. Use of quality tools to support quality system and process improvements. Areas of focus as assigned and/or by project: I.e. sub-supplier development, internal quality, customer quality, special project, etc.
1. APQP process and PPAP submission process (SPC, MSA, PFMEA, PFD, & PCP). Perform PPAP activities & assembly. Communicate with Sales, Manufacturing, and Engineering. Communicate with Customer and Sub-supplier(s) as appropriate.
2. Perform GR&R, have knowledge of calibration, and have gauging knowledge.
3. Able to read blue prints and engineering drawings (GD&T).
4. Returned material analysis & report.
5. Using Problem Solving methodologies and corrective action - 8-D, 8 Step, 5-Why, Ishikawa diagrams (also called fishbone diagrams, cause-and-effect diagrams). Capturing and documenting cost incurred COPQ.
6. Able to perform Quality Engineering activities involving statistical analysis studies such as correlation, capability, & design of experiments.
7. For second-party auditing, learns as needed processes external (and internal) to UB LLC. May require external specialized training, education or conferences.
8. Support continuous improvement projects with focus on preventing the manufacture of non-conforming products. Clear, easily understood metrics must align with project scope, assigned resources, and goal(s).
1. Use of Six Sigma DMAIC methodology used to improve processes. Objectively capturing and documenting Current State cost incurred COPQ vs. Future State cost savings.
2. Bearing industry experience – manufacturing processes & precision measurement equipment.
3. Knowledge of component cleanliness standards, equipment knowledge, and experience.
1. Experience and/or training in Layered Process Audits, ISO/TS 16949 Internal Audits -- Process Audits -- Product Audits; PREFERRED - ISO 14001 Internal Audits.
2. PREFERRED - ISO/TS(IATF) 16949 Internal Auditing “Core Tools” training (APQP/PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA).
*This may be a primary activity depending on organizational chart / responsibility assignment.
1. Supplier Development quality management system experience, (PREFERRED ISO 9001 or ISO/TS(IATF) 16949 second -party Supplier Auditing Experience).
2. Lead performance of supplier second-party auditing. Based on purchasing Risk Analysis / Opportunity assessment, mitigation and planning. Team may also include representatives from technical/engineering, production and purchasing.
3. Supplier selection, quality, performance monitoring and corrective action tracking/follow up.
4. Track and follow up on claims including costs incurred by UB LLC and customer (COPQ).
5. Travel 20-30% to support second-party supplier auditing.
1. Strong attention to detail.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Able to think “outside the box” and pursue tasks / projects with critical thinking skills and a “preventive” mindset to problem solving.
4. Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed, and have a strong desire to diligently pursue and solve problems while improving company quality and capabilities. Must be flexible and able use what is learned in the Quality area.
5. Able to lift 30 lbs., walk facility / campus, sitting, bending, lifting, & standing.
6. Computer/software skills and knowledge: MS Office, (PREFERRED – Minitab Statistical Analysis, DataLyzer Spectrum SPC, Customer Internet Portal Experience, ASI DataMyte MPACT).
Education or Experience:
PREFERRED B.S. Engineering/Technical and/or 3-5 years related experience in a precision manufacturing environment.
Desirable Professional Certifications:
ASQ – Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
ASQ – Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
Lean Certification (SME/AME/Shingo Institute/ASQ Partnership)
ASQ – Six Sigma Yellow Belt (CSSYB), Green Belt (CSSGB), Black Belt (CSSBB), Master Black Belt (CMBB)
IATF 16949 Second-Party (Supplier Auditor) Training for Automotive Quality Management Systems.