Universal Banker is responsible for always dealing with all new and existing customers in a courteous and professional manner. Adheres to Universal Banks’s Red-Carpet Customer Service standards. Perform over-the-counter teller transactions and new account activities to meet customer’s financial needs. Under Assistant Branch Manager’s supervision, responsible for servicing both commercial and consumer customers by conducting transactions (paying and receiving) for customers; resolving customer inquiries, performing teller functions and related activities. Deepening relationship with customers by offering financial product solutions.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
- Receives and processes checking and savings deposits and requests for withdrawal of funds.
- Processing check-cashing transaction
- Receives loan payments and answers routine customer inquiries.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding bank policies and procedures.
- Directs complex questions to Assistant Branch Manager or Manager.
- Issue Travelers Checks and money orders. May service safe deposit boxes.
- Balances cash, Automated Teller Machine (ATM), night-drop deposit and daily work in a reasonable time.
- Maintains files of various records and cards related to checking, savings accounts and treasury management products.
- Processes incoming and outgoing wire transfers.
- Receives passbook loan payments.
- Ensures that new accounts are opened and serviced in accordance with Universal Bank policies and procedures.
- Setting up Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and processing contribution or distribution request
- keeps up to date on procedure changes and government regulations
- Under supervision of Assistant Branch Manager, complete monthly, quarterly, semiannually and annual branch certification
- Maintains proper control over account numbers and signature cards & all customer personal information and documentation according to current procedures.
- Handles complex or unusual customer correspondence relating to services or new accounts.
- Logs, sorts and distributes daily correspondence if assigned.
- Acts as a check and journal signer and reviews all transactions requiring approval for adherence to policy and procedure.
- Reviews the Safe Deposit area (if applicable) from time to time to ensure that procedures are being followed. Reports any deficiencies to his/her supervisor.
- Ensures the accuracy of branch records.
- May engage in business development activities by soliciting new accounts in the branch’s geographical area and attending to the needs of current and prospective customers on a variety of matters.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with current and potential customers in anticipation of increasing deposits and fee income from the sale of financial products.
- Adheres to all BSA/AML (Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering) policies and procedures, including but not limited to the processing of CTRs (Currency Transaction Reports), SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports) and MILs (Monetary Instrument Logs).
- Receives daily assignments and direction from (depending on the particular office): Branch Manager, or Assistant Branch Manager
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable Federal regulations, including Bank Secrecy and Know Your Customer (CIP) principles.
· Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Excellent knowledge and experience in the technical field of banking with emphasis on operations.
- Thorough knowledge of checking and savings accounts, services and operations.
- Strong Written and Oral Communication skills- Must be able to communicate effectively with all customers, supervisors and peers.
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong system Skills, Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Strong Personal Relations Skills
- Capable of direction of staff activities and motivation of personnel.
- Ability to resolve complex customer issues by offering solutions
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work on weekends
- Capabilities to balance, count money, and make basic arithmetical computations.
- At least six months of recent customer service experience
- At least six months of recent cash handling experience
- At least six months of previous teller experience
- At least six months of previous new accounts experience in a banking institution
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish