Helpdesk Workstation Support Technician
Universal Audio, Inc Scotts Valley, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Helpdesk / Workstation Technician to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to company employees and contractors with computer and software issues. Additional responsibilities include responding to queries, troubleshooting problems, and determining and implementing solutions. The Helpdesk/ Workstation Support Technician is responsible for the management of the helpdesk requests and helpdesk desktop systems support tickets. The technician is also responsible for creating equipment specifications and purchase requests for new computers, peripheral hardware, and software. Helpdesk/workstation technicians are responsible for creating and configuring user accounts, assigning rights and permissions, as well as supporting other related services. Additional duties include the installation, configuring, and inventory tracking of software and computer hardware. Checking and maintaining conference room equipment, workstation UPS systems, and printers. Coordinating and managing E-Waste deposal, and the destruction of retired disk drives through regulated qualified reclamation vendors. Helpdesk technicians will also have special projects related to the above responsibilities and other related IT tasks and responsibilities.
Responsibilities (General IT):
Helpdesk/ Workstation Support Technicians are responsible for an array of IT tasks. The following list includes, but is not limited to these general tasks:
- Manage Helpdesk Requests
- Installing and Maintaining Printers
- Troubleshooting Software Issues
- Equipment Purchase Requests
- Conference Room Software & Equipment
- E-waste and Equipment Disposal
- Desktop and Laptop System Support
- IT Policy Enforcement
- Configuring User Accounts
- Configuration of Computers
- Installing and Configuring Client-Side Software
- Configuring New Laptops and Desktop Systems for Multiple Operating Systems Installations
Responsibilities (Helpdesk / Workstation Support Technician):
- Complete detailed reports listing requests for technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved.
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from employees.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Organize and file documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware.
- Maintain logs detailing all required system updates, as well as the date of completion.
- Attend in-person and virtual meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems.
- Resolve technical issues related to client-side networking problems.
- Install and configure computer systems and applications.
- Industry-specific certification in relevant computer equipment or software may be required.
- 1-3 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving and technical knowledge of IT related products and services.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk system, and remote access applications.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT systems.
- Experience installing and configuring computer systems and applications.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks and assignments efficiently.
Universal Audio, Inc
AddressScotts Valley, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Universal Audio, Inc