The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aim to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
Reporting to the Director of eBusiness, the Portal Manager is a key contributing leader and integral part of an energized and passionate team dedicated to building engaging digital experience and executing the digital strategy. This position is responsible for managing the portal experience for a segment of Constituents; Broker/Group, Individual/Member, Government Programs or Provider.
• Understands the constituent experience of their portal; the tools, features and capabilities. Works collaboratively with appropriate business areas to solicit and understand their needs and pain points and illuminate existing solutions.
• Participates in lifecycle management of the tools/features/capabilities from ideation to implementation.
• Participates as a subject Matter Expert on matrixed team(s) that implement interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
• Defines the key features of assigned portal and identifies methods/ideas/fun ways to educate and support adoption of existing features. Includes educations and training plans.
• Leads & manages projects (this might help with the grade) with Business Partners to prioritize and ensure the optimal constituent experience. Manages recurring operations meetings with vendors, vendor report card, and continuously building effective relationships and managing escalations as identified.
• Identifies challenges with features/applications, tracks for themes and collaborates on potential solutions
• Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to work initiatives. Participates or acts as the lead in determining constituent requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
• Serves as an ambassador for digital in every interaction. Customer Centric and solid understanding of online constituent behavior.
• Works with their business stakeholders to understand business problems and collectively identify solutions.
• Meets with management, sponsors, and project teams to review project scope/progress and resolve project issues.
• Leads cross functional teams to accomplish initiative/projects to meet established schedules, or resolve technical/operational issues.
• Invokes appropriate escalation.
• Maintains currency on emerging technologies and project management techniques.
• Participates as updates various committees on initiatives/projects. Attends appropriate councils for update, and or approvals.
• Understands the Digital Strategy and participates as needed on Digital Governance and Advocacy Committee strategy is aligned with all work.
• Manages the constituent experience while balancing multiple competing priorities.
• Directs and manages the solution concept to ensure it meets the customer’s needs.
• Produces work plans according to required standards. Works with colleagues to produce/recommend/develop long-term plans.
• Fosters an environment of continuous improvement. Constantly exploring ways and actions to increase digital adoption promoting productivity, and reducing costs.
• Manages/prioritizes a full and sometimes competing priority workload.
• Matrix manages cross-functional suppliers: internal IT, outsource partners, contractors, third-party consultants, etc., in delivering solutions.
• Acts as Change Leader implementing changes that benefit Heath Plan.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of the resolution of high impact problems according to established standards.
• Maintains knowledge of health insurance industry and Health Plan business, organizational policies, and organizational management structures and uses this knowledge to advise on and justify their current use. Advise and justify proposed business requirements, strategic plans, and tactical plans, affecting business sponsors vision or product delivery.
• Writes and speaks fluently on all aspects of work. Communicates effectively with users/customers, colleague’s 2-3 levels up/down and across a range of disciplines, and all levels of management. Directly negotiates with and functions as a liaison between functional partners, users, and suppliers.
• Acts professionally at all times and encourages professional standards among staff.
Training and Development
• Shows a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies/skills quickly.
• Obtains continuing training in web/mobile and project management methodologies. Particular emphasis placed on quality tools, analytical/problem solving skills, planning skills, risk management, and change control.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of Health Plan and Univera wide Operations that impacts the operational and developmental environments, particularly those aspects assisting productivity and service quality.
• Obtains broad management and business training in those skill areas needed to function effectively.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct, and Leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge of all relevant legislative and regulatory mandates and ensures that all activities are in compliance with these requirements.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
We include multiple levels of classification differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills, and the ability to manage increasingly independent and/or complex assignments, broader responsibility, additional decision making, and in some cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to using this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also provides guideposts for employee development and promotional opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Expert knowledge of Health Plan Operations and understanding of its operating teams and their functions. 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management.
• Level I – PMI Certification preferred
• Level II & III – PMI Certification required or must complete certification within 1 year of accepting position.
• Excellent time management and attention to detail
• Minimum of five years of digital experience or experience working with customers/ constituents in a complex business setting and managing demanding customers (Level II)
• Minimum of seven years of digital experience or experience working with customers/ constituents in a complex business setting and managing demanding customers.(level III)
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Demonstrated skills in playing an integral role on fast paced, high producing team with complex goals/deliverable.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and achieving portfolio work scope, costs, and planning.
• Demonstrated skills in forming and fostering high performance, cross-functional teams and a focus on what can be accomplished rather than focusing on the barriers.
• Highly Effective communicator.
• Demonstrated experience with Quality principles and tools. Demonstrated business problem solving skills.
• Very strong analytical and business process development skills.
• Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and negotiation and project leadership tasks.