Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Univar Solutions is seeking talented and results driven applicants who are willing to relocate within a geographic area for our entry level Sales Associate Program – an exciting opportunity to jumpstart a career in outside sales with a leading global chemical and ingredient distributor and provider of specialty services.
As a Sales Associate, you will join a cohort of high caliber professionals on an accelerated development track to an outside sales role in our Local Chemical Distribution business. This starts with a centralized 2-month onboarding and learning experience at our sales training center of excellence in Morrisville, PA (housing provided). You will learn from our internal experts about the chemical distribution business, our customers, our suppliers, how to use company systems/technology, and you will gain the consultative selling skills needed to be successful in the field.
After the initial 60-days, you will return to your home District office and partner directly with a Sales Manager who is invested in your success. Over the following 60-90 days, you will learn through immersion in the local business while leveraging a structured playbook of best practices and strategies to help you perform at your best.
Upon graduating from the program, you will move into a commission-eligible Sales Account Manager position with your own territory in the District to manage and grow!
What’s in this for you?
- An accelerated development track to an outside sales role with an industry leader
- All the learning, tools, and support you need to succeed
- Competitive pay, a commission plan which rewards you for your success, and a company -provided car or car allowance
- An ability to grow your business supported by all of the assets and capabilities of Univar Solutions
- Career development opportunities within the wider Univar Solutions organization
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business, science, or a technical field
- Prior experience (1 year+) in sales, sales support, customer service, or other customer facing roles strongly desired. Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Flexibility to relocate (with support) to a city within the covered geographic area based on business needs; includes cities such as St. Louis, Springfield, Memphis, Omaha, or Wichita.
- Ability to develop and grow strong relationships with key customer contacts and suppliers
- Able to project a professional and positive image both inside and outside of the company
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization, time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to make data-based decisions and recommendations
- Strong service orientation and sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new concepts; Comfortable using technology
- Ability to work within the United States without sponsorship
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits toemployees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.