Help Desk Specialist
UnityCore Hot Springs National Park, AR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $32,500 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, 401k, dental,
We are seeking a Help Desk Specialist to join our team! You will resolve computer-related issues for your clients.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- Recommend hardware and software improvements
- Track customer issues and resolutions
- Previous experience in IT or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
Complete Job description:
Help Desk Support Specialist
A Help Support Specialist provides technical assistance to customers regarding various hardware and software applications. Their main duties include troubleshooting and diagnosing different technical issues, assessing, and understanding user needs and issues and recommending technical fixes to customers.
A Help Desk Support Specialist troubleshoots issues for the company and for end users. Some duties include:
- Provide direct service for IT networks as well as customer service to users inside and outside the company
- Maintain a work log of job tickets and maintenance tasks
- Forward daily inspections to prevent or solve system malfunctions
- Stay updated on new computing technologies
- Supervise the logging of network conditions and requirements
- Learn our company’s software applications, hardware platforms and provide technical support via phone, remotely or on site if needed to the company’s end users.
Help Desk Support Specialist skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of computer software, operating systems, hardware, and networking
- Experience with software as a service (SaaS) and other software hosting protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Experienced in providing professional and courteous customer service. Successful Help Desk Specialist will usually have certain prerequisite skills and qualifications, which can include:
§ Strong written and verbal communication skills
§ Problem-solving and research skills that translate to the ability to find solutions for customer problems when a solution is not immediately apparent
§ Interpersonal skills that function to create connections and positive experiences for customers
§ Technological skills specific to the company’s products and trouble-shooting practices
§ Patience with customers and ability to remain calm
§ Project management skills and familiarity with project management software
§ Organizational abilities
Help Desk Support Specialist education and training requirements
Help Desk Support Specialists need at least a high school diploma or GED, though we prefer an associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field. Many certifications are also available for Help Desk Support Specialists, including Microsoft, Apple, and CompTIA credentials.
Our Specific Requirements:
- One year minimum experience providing computer, technology, networking, software support either as a desktop support or help desk support person.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Applications including Windows Desktop (10 and newer); Windows Server Products, any applications support, Networking software applications as related to hardware platforms like Cisco IOS, Cisco Networking, or similar products.
- Excellent Communications Skills and high phone speaking manners.
- Able to type at least 50 words per minute or willing to learn to properly type.
- Experienced computer PC user and excellent learning skills.
- Must be able to work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and is willing to be on call after hours if asked. Additional pay is provided for after-hours support.
- Must work at the company’s headquarters’ location in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- Must have a reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be willing to travel to job sites if asked and remain on site for several days if required (all expenses are paid by the company).
Salary and benefits:
- Starting Salary is $32,500 annually or higher depending on the skill set and the experience.
- Health Insurance, Paid vacation and much more.
UnityCoreWhy Work Here?
Awesome company to work for. Great benefits. Lots and lots and lots of room for growth. Laid back but highly professional.
Fast growing technology and security company with world wide operations.
AddressHot Springs National Park, AR
TechnologyView all jobs at UnityCore