Senior IT Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $137,500 Yearly
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Information Systems, the Senior Information Technology Manager’s (Senior IT Manager) role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department is in alignment with the business objectives of the Unity Health Care (Unity). This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design the IT-related activities of Unity, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The Senior IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategy & Planning
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, support and security of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree with a technical major such as computer science, information technology or engineering or related field.
- Five years of related work experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in a health care institution preferred.
- Microsoft certification or other IT certifications preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience deploying and supporting Microsoft servers, Active Directory, Windows workstations, O365, VMWare, SharePoint, AWS and cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of firewalls, network routing, VPN communications and VoIP communications.
- Experience with eClinicalWorks and/or GE Healthcare products (Logician, Centricity) is strongly desired.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- The ability to effectively communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, problem solve collaboratively, and build consensus across teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The position reports to the Vice President of Information Systems. Direct reports to the position include the IT Infrastructure and Security Manager, Senior IT Technician and the Telecommunications Manager.
The position abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies, as well as UHC policies and procedures.
The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organization relationships that may be a part of the work of this individual.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The position will have to do some lifting of computer equipment, supplies and materials from time to time.
- Refer to the attached ADA Physical Efforts Checklist.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
Although the position is assigned a specific shift, this position may be assigned alternate shifts to address the needs of Unity Health Care.
The position involves everyday risk and discomforts, which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training rooms, and other UHC health Care Sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated. All medical services shall be provided according to medically accepted community standards of care. The employee shall provide evidence of a recent (within the past twelve (12) months) health assessment that includes a PPD and/or chest x-ray results.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Unity Health Care.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?