Clinical Nurse, RN-Virtual Care Team
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Virtual Care Team (VCT) is a new grant funded initiative at Unity Health Care dedicated to changing healthcare delivery by using technology to meet the needs of our patients. This position offers the benefit a flexible/hybrid schedule but requires that the VCT Provider remains highly accountable to the VCT priorities and patient outcomes, and requires the ability to successfully communicate with team members in a remote and asynchronous setting. Training will be on-site for up to 90-days. Therefore, the VCT Provider will need to reside within commuting distance into Washington, D.
The VCT consists of:
- VCT Provider
- VCT Clinical Nurse, RN
- VCT Medical Assistant
- Population Health Team
The VCT Clinical Nurse, RN, under the supervision of the Director of Nursing for Clinical Operations and following clinical guidance from the treatment team, assists in the care coordination and management of the complex healthcare needs for a diverse patient population. The incumbent will serve as teacher, planner, advocate, and navigator for the patients of Unity Health Care. The incumbent will be responsible for providing virtual nursing care, performing nursing assessments, participating in the continuity of patient care and helping improve patient outcomes through systems processes and direct provision of clinical care. The incumbent may supervise the medical assistant staff when indicated.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizes strength-based patient-centered motivational interviewing techniques to build rapport and help patients improve their health.
- Acts as a professional liaison between hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, community resources and Managed Care Organizations on behalf of patients to ensure patient-centered care coordination.
- Refill routine medications
- Develops a working, therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Assesses and evaluates problems related to chronic or acute conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and asthma, as well as the socio and ecological barriers that impact the improvement of health and wellness.
- Develops effective treatment plans identifying, activating, and linking patients to appropriate care and established support systems (i.e., family, social, treatment programs, services, emergency assistance).
- Assists patients in following through with established treatment plans; Identifies and addresses any barriers affecting a patient’s ability to adhere to treatment team.
- Improves patient outcomes through the coordination and follow up of care.
- Collaborates with entire virtual care team (Provider, Medical Assistant, social services/care support, registration and health information staff) to assure that the patient receives timely care and follow-up.
- Collaborates with other team members regarding the status of patients’ social and mental health needs.
- Utilizes multi-modality educational concepts during nurse visits to help manage complex chronically ill patients; Nurse Visits include blood pressure follow-up, family planning education, and immunization compliance.
- Works with the Nurse Manager and Medical Assistant III to ensure compliance with infection control.
- Provides discharge instruction to patients.
- Monitors patients use of health center services; Provides patient education and helps address barriers related to receiving adequate care, and addresses patient utilization of health systems in Washington DC.
- Assist with coordination of care following recent hospitalization.
- Executes and monitors data collection and reporting requirements for all institutional and federal regulations as required through an electronic or manual system.
- Participates in professional development opportunities and attends staff/team meetings as deemed necessary.
- Documents in medical records per policy and standards. Maintains accurate and up-to-date records in a timely manner.
- As allowable by the nursing scope of practice, assists with supervision and delegation of duties of other clinical staff members (LPNs, MAs).
- Must be able to take initiative, identify areas of clinical improvement and discuss plan of action with appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and adjustment of individualized care plans for high-risk patients that address both medical and social barriers to accessing care.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a minimum ADN. Must obtain BSN within five (5) years of hire into the position.
- Current active DC License as a Registered Nurse
- Current CPR Certification.
- If ADN, two (2) years of clinical experience.
- If BSN, one (1) year of clinical experience.
- Clinical expertise may include any of the following: emergency room, mental and behavioral health, women’s health, pediatrics, infectious disease, community or public health, polypharmacy teaching, care coordination, discharge planning, triage, and chronic disease care management.
- Additional work experience may include any of the following: teaching, health promotion, social and ecological determinants of health, monitoring and evaluation of health outcomes, working with diverse populations, family studies, and outreach.
- Must have reliable Wi-fi service/coverage
- Must have a dedicated work area to conduct telemedicine visits
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Professional skillsets including but not limited to communication, conflict resolution and management, and inter-professional teamwork.
- Ability to work independently, to supervise and to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized, flexible and action-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
Unity Health Care.
Get fresh Virtual Care Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.