- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to be a part of a team that makes you feel proud? Do you love helping people? Are you looking for a career that will bring you "home"? Then apply here today!!
At Unity Eye Centers, we are a locally owned, expert team at the forefront of the eye care profession. With compassion and respect, we positively impact every person we serve. We earn our reputation of excellence through the highest standards of integrity. We believe our patients deserve the very best.
WE BELIEVE OUR TEAM DESERVES THE VERY BEST! We actively focus on maintaining a positive environment while always striving to be the employer of choice. We are willing to train someone who is highly motivated, reliable and has a great personality. We want to welcome you long term into our work family.
We are seeking a social, friendly, fashionable optician that can offer our patients excellent customer service. The key primary responsibility of the Optician is to provide eyewear to the patients of our practice. This includes all selling, fitting and dispensing of eyewear within the boutique.
Delivering an exceptional purchasing experience for the patient is paramount. Therefore, the Optician is responsible for all frame merchandising, maintenance and care. Developing and nurturing relationships with our frame and product vendors and appropriately displaying eyewear provides the environment for the eyewear boutique to thrive.
Actively managing and tracking our frame inventory according to our practices inventory procedures is required.
We recognize the doctor to optician handoff is imperative to successful eyewear sales. Therefore, the optician will work directly with the doctor(s) and clinical technicians to ensure the handoff process is executed to the standards of the practice.
- Arrives on time, ready, willing and able to work each and every day scheduled
- Assist patients with frame selection with an eye towards multiple pair sales
- Measure and complete full ordering process for patients
- Merchandising and display of all frames in the eyewear boutique
- Meeting with and developing relationships with all frame and product vendors
- Place all eyewear orders and work with the lab for appropriate delivery
- Communicate to patients delivery expectations according to the practices dispensing policies
- Manage all pricing of frames and price points systems
- Manage all warranty replacements for patients and product returns to vendor
- The utmost care should be used when handling inventory
- Completes all other tasks as assigned
The Optician is expected to possess a high degree of influential sales skills. The ability to effectively communicate the benefits of all optical products including patient financial information is required.
Providing our patients exceptional service is a cornerstone of our brand. The Optician’s role in delivering on our brand is essential.
The Optician must be able to effectively communicate with our patients around all our optical products including frames, lenses, and warranties. Communicating in a manner by which the patient understands our technical terminology in their layman language is essential.
The Optician must be able to accurately measure and record all patient information. Attention to detail relative to prescriptions, PDs, and checking the accuracy of eyewear received from the lab, etc. is imperative.
Pace of the Environment
Must be able to work at a fast pace. Effectively handling multiple tasks and patients at one time, while focusing on the individual patient experience. Must be able to prioritize tasks.
Frequent Interaction with Others
Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks at one time, always maintaining friendly interactions with team members, patients, and guests of the practice.
Comprehensive training will be provided. Continual education will be required.
Unity Eye Centers
HealthcareView all jobs at Unity Eye Centers