BSA and Compliance Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
The BSA Analyst II works with the BSA Officer to administer the Bank's adherence to the Bank Secrecy Act requirements, the Anti-Money Laundering regulations, the U.S. Patriot Act and OFAC requirements. The ideal candidate will perform BSA/AML activity monitoring, analytics and reporting.
- Ensures the Bank maintains an effective BSA compliance program that includes SAR and CTR filings, EDD monitoring, managing FCRM Alerts, and other department procedures.
- Ensure that all cash transactions over $10,000 are reported via the proper completion of the Currency Transaction Reports (CTR's) and filed timely.
- Ensure FRCM Alerts are reviewed, closed, and documented appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure suspicious activity is identified and reported timely in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Initial SAR filings are conducted and filed in a timely manner, within 30 days of initial detection.
- Ensure account activity is monitored for all customers who were the subject of a SAR filing to ensure that continued suspicious activity is reported within ninety (90) days of the initial SAR filing.
- Respond to employee BSA compliance inquiries.
- Gather requested documentation for any BSA/AML examinations or audits conducted by the NJDOBI, the FDIC or by the internal auditors.
- Other duties as assigned by the BSA Officer
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, obtaining relevant professional certifications, reviewing professional publications, and staying informed of any legal, policy, and procedural changes relating to BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, and applicable laws.
- Keep informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Job requires strict attention to details and thoroughness in the completion of job duties.
- Job requires honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior.
Education and Experience
- College degree (BS/BA) required
- Minimum of two (2) years of prior bank BSA compliance experience
- Fiserv and FCRM experience a plus
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of all requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering Regulation
- Strong research skills in BSA/AML/OFAC/CIP/US PATRIOT ACT matters through various means
- Strong working knowledge of banking
- Proven leadership, management and investigation skills
- Ability to initiate and manage projects that will affect other departments and functions, as well as the corporate environment
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must be detail oriented with excellent follow up skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to sit for long periods of time up to 85% of work hours.
- Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and system to enter data and process information.
- Ability to read a computer screen at a close distance.
- Ability to talk, hear, and see.
- Ability to use telephone to communicate with customers and employees.
- Ability to use office equipment such as teller scanner, personal computer, telephone, mobile device, copier, fax machine, adding machine, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. at least 5% of work hours.
- Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic.
- Open floor work environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise. Unity Bank maintains "at will" employment.
This document describes the position currently available. It is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with it. Unity Bank reserves the right to modify duties or job descriptions at any time. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
Unity Bank is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion and terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin/nationality, ancestry, religion/religious practices or observances, age, sex, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, disability or perceived disability, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, and status as a veteran or disabled veteran of, or liability for service in, the Armed Forces of the United States.
Unity Bank commits to making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified disabled veterans provided the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship upon Unity Bank. A qualified employee or job applicant with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Unity Bank's human resources department.
BusinessView all jobs at Unity Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?