UNITY AMBULETTE CORP Saugerties, NY
UNITY AMBULETTE CORP
- $17 Hourly
Job Title: Ambulette Driver
Reports to: Supervisor/Director of Operations
Job Summary: Responsible for:
Safe and efficient operations of Ambulette vehicles. Provides safe, quality care for patients entrusted to our care. Performs other duties as assigned. Assist Supervisors with documentation requirements as needed.
Requirements for Employment:
High school graduate or equivalent education;
18 years of age or older;
Possess a valid New York State Commercial Driver License “C” or higher; with Passenger
Endorsement. (Or be eligible to obtain license prior to hire)
Possess a clean driving record;
Meet N.Y.S. DOT 19A regulations for driving an Ambulette/School Bus.
Strength ability must be sufficient to perform lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing and
handling weight of at least 150lbs.
Mobility parameters including sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and
crouching, as well as reaching above and below the shoulder.
Indoor and outdoor work including any and all possible weather conditions.
Interaction with hospital, medical facility and nursing home staff.
Exposure to ill and elderly patients, as well mentally ill patients.
Areas of Responsibility:
A. Operational Standards:
· Completes assignments as per work schedule;
· Prepares Ambulette vehicles for service prior to each tour (check and replenish supplies, clean driver’s compartment, patient compartment and windows);
· (Prior to departure) performs required vehicle inspection (fuel, fluids, oil, general operations) and complete vehicle inspection sheet;
· Inspects wheelchairs, securing devices, vehicle ramp and safety equipment for proper operations;
· Reports and ensures correction of problems noted during inspection, prior to departure;
· Prepares and clean vehicles equipment at end of shift in a timely matter, for the next day’s business;
· Responds to Dispatch directive promptly and efficiently;
· Completes calls and returns in service;
· Performs other duties assigned.
· Provide and submit accurate and pertinent written and/or electronic documentation of customer transports and mileage;
· Reports all accidents, collects accident information and completes accident reports in accordance with N.Y.S. law and company policy.
C. Vehicle Operations:
· Attends defensive driving and training
· Complies with N.Y.S. seat belt usage law at all times;
· Complies with all N.Y.S. driving laws;
· Documents needed repairs of vehicles, per Unity Ambulette Corp. policy;
· Maintain conditions and cleanliness of vehicles exterior and interior;
· Operates company vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
D. Patient Care Responsibilities:
· Exercises safe handling of patients during transfer and transport.
· Works effectively as a team member;
· Actively participates in orientation of new employees;
· Maintains a professional company image and respect for others;
· Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve interpersonal conflicts when they occur with co-workers;
· Identifies personal and professional areas for improvement.
F. Customer Service:
· Maintains a professional appearance by complying with uniform policy;
· Maintains good personal hygiene;
· Maintains a calm and professional attitude;
· Exhibits quality, positive interactions with patients, doctors, facility staff and community;
· Maintains patient confidentiality by following HIPAA rules and regulations.
· Maintains attendance in accordance with company standard;
· Reports for duty on time;
· Provides adequate notice prior to lateness or absence;
· Complies with policy for requesting time off, sick leave and shift swaps, within the allotted time frame;
· Willing to assist in meeting need resulting from unexpected shift changes.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
UNITY AMBULETTE CORPSaugerties, NY
17 days ago
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.