Perform tasks as a fully qualified Lineworker I covering all phases of sub- transmission line work, overhead and underground distribution line work, SCADA operation, substation construction and maintenance, metering systems installations and operation, control system operation, and maintenance of job and inventory records relating to assigned functions. Perform rubber gloving at all voltages up to and including 34.5 kV.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Fully qualified Lineworker Class I, able to perform all phases of line work required of a Lineworker First Class.
- Fully qualified to read, remove, and set billing and system measurement meters.
- Be available for and respond to outages, trouble calls and system emergencies during normal and overtime hours.
- Reside within a geographical area defined as being an 18 mile radius or 30 minutes travel time from the UES Seacoast service building in any direction within one year of employment.
- Provide line department standby on a rotating schedule basis.
- Possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license to operate commercial registered vehicles (CDL Class A), based on requirements of the State of New Hampshire and/or the State where the employee resides.
Unitil is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer highly competitive salaries and outstanding benefits. No phone calls please.