Service Technician - HILO
Unitek Solvent Service - Company Overview
Unitek is a locally operated company that has been in business since 3/1/1989, it has grown to be the largest petroleum recycling company in the state of Hawaii. In July 2019 Unitek became an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) where the employees have an equity stake in the company. Its main offices and recycling facility are located on Oahu and has locations on Maui, Kauai and the Big Island. Unitek collects and processes petroleum products that would otherwise be sent out of state for disposal.
Unitek has been in the same location from day one and has been continually operating since 1989. During the COVID pandemic, Unitek was deemed an essential service and was able to maintain its employee count and keep its employees working full time. Unitek strives to be the leader in the industry by providing its customers with exceptional environmental, industrial and recycling services.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provide a drug-free work environment.
Perform various service activities within an assigned geographic area which includes servicing and maintaining established accounts.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service.
- Maintain assigned truck route and replenish products on the truck before beginning daily activities
- Maintain high quality of sales and on-time service to all customers by complying with the ethical and environmental policies of the company and the industry
- Maintain timely response to customers complaints to the satisfaction of the customer within the applicable restraints of company policy
- Maintain parts washers by exchanging used solvent with fresh solvent and make repairs as necessary
- Perform accurate field test on all used oil prior to removal from customer location. Properly document test results and quantity of oil being removed
- Collect used tires from customer and accurately document the quantity by size and type of tires being picked up
- Collect 55 gallon drums filled with used oil filters, anti-freeze, oil rags, or debris from customers. Properly label drums for shipping
- Prepare accurate and properly completed service forms, manifests, daily control sheets, and corresponding monies, if applicable, on a daily basis
- Properly load/off-load equipment and various items picked up from customers to specified areas
- Summarize the day's activities so that the daily figures can be tabulated
- Perform accurate vehicle inspections reports on a daily basis
- Maintain all equipment, vehicles, parts washers and other assigned property in a clean and safe manner
- Complete consolidation manifest and check for accuracy
- Properly label and secure items for shipping
- Ship recyclable waste to the Oahu Facility on a weekly schedule
- Be knowledgeable and in compliance at all times with company and governmental regulations regarding the proper transport, handling and emergency response for hazardous materials
Qualifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A clean drivers abstract.
- Pass motor vehicle, background and drug tests.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using written and verbal skills.
- Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor towards others,
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Paid time off
- Safety incentive
- 10 Paid holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical / Vision / Dental)
- Premium decreases with years of service
- With free family medical plan after 3 years
- Life Insurance & Long Term Care Insurance paid by the company after 5 years
- Free uniforms and laundry service
- Annual safety shoe allowance
- Professional development and education benefits
- 401(k) Plan
Unitek Solvent Solutions IncHilo, HI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.