Faculty Development Specialist
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning's family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
We are looking for a Faculty Development Specialist to join our team. This is a remote role.
This position will develop, deliver, evaluate and assess programs and processes that provide faculty development, enrichment and certification.
- Plans and develops scholarly and creative teaching and learning activities to include developing and conducting training needs assessments; consulting with department deans, chairs, coordinators, to determine development and general enrichment needs of the faculty; and coordinating and delivering HR compliance development programs
- Develops training and faculty development programs by researching topics, viewing and evaluating content materials, and making recommendations. Applies best practices in teaching, instructional design and development and pedagogical theories and process
- Coordinates specialized training for faculty development. Identifies and evaluates consultants, program facilitators, and faculty leaders to deliver high quality programs. Assesses program success by developing evaluations and maintaining metrics and measures
- Monitors and evaluates faculty development programs presented by faculty, facilitators, or external experts to ensure the quality of instruction and the achievement of program goals
- Assists program directors and designees in resolution of problems related to development and coaching of faculty members on development issues that impact classroom delivery and performance. Assist in the facilitation and resolution of faculty matters pertaining to development and performance, including development of training for managers and employees
- Assists, maintains, and creates learning records, performance evaluation models, and development plans using integrated technology methods and systems
- Creates tools, learning aides, checklists, and development processes and systems that will improve, strengthen and enhance performance for supervisors and diverse faculty populations both in administrative and classroom environments
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree
- Three years of experience in a related teaching and learning position, with five years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in Human Resources, talent management programs, faculty certifications, instructional design and development and instruction
- Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and theories.
- Knowledge of higher education best practices in faculty development programs, training and methodologies
- Knowledge of cooperative learning techniques, methods, practices and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of campus and corporate management and faculty and staff regarding development issues
- Ability to deliver relevant training, design and develop training plans and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners
- Must have strong facilitation skills, be self-motivated and use independent judgment
- Skill and proficiency in the use of a personal computer and related software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Skill and proficiency with distance learning and learning management systems
For Full Time Employees, We Offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks' starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x's your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program
Unitek LearningBoise, ID
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.