HNL Cargo Customer Service Agent
UnitedService Companies Honolulu, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
About U.S. Aviation Services
US Aviation a United Service Companies, is a contracted ground handler for commercial airline carriers and cargo operators.
Established in 1965, United Service Companies ("USC") began as a maintenance company and trade show service provider in Chicago, Illinois. Today, our company is comprised of five specialized groups that deliver unparalleled custodial, staffing, and security services for customers with diverse business needs from the Eastern Seaboard to Hawaii. Throughout, our company's overarching goal is to provide exceptional customer service by exceeding our customers' expectations.
At USC, we are passionate about customer service. Our service is unmatched in the industry because of the training we provide. With a strong attention to detail and the quality of service, our entire staff is fully trained to excel in four- and five-star properties.
We pride ourselves on partnering with our customers, and we are committed to providing each customer high-quality services at a competitive price. In this day of cutting corners and cutthroat pricing, you can rest assured that we will not sacrifice quality for cost.
Our areas of focus include commercial cleaning services, facility support services, complete staffing solutions, hospitality services, trade show and convention services, security solutions, and aviation services.
As a contracted ground handler for commercial airline carriers and cargo operators, services that we provide are, but not limited to:
- Airport Operations Customer Service Agents and Baggage Handlers
- Cargo Operations Customer Service Agents, Cargo and Mail Handlers, TSA approved Screening
- Cabin Services Cabin cleaning, Lavatory services, Cabin Security Checks
- Ramp Services Loading/Off Loading Cargo, Passenger Baggage handling
Role and Responsibilities
As a Cargo Customer Service Agent your primary job duty is, but is not limited to the following:
- To ensure the safety and security of all cargo tendered for transportation and distribution
- Follow all government and operational regulations
- Keep records of all goods shipped, received, and stored
- Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods
- Check import or export documentation to determine cargo contents and use tariff coding system to classify goods according to fee or tariff group; Verify shipping documentation
- Prepare manifests showing numbers of cargo, cargo weights, mail, and transmitting data to destinations
- Advise clients on transportation and payment methods
- Track delivery progress of shipments
- Notify consignees or customers of cargo arrival and arrange for delivery
- Retrieve stored items and trace lost shipments as necessary
- Attach address labels, identification codes, and shipping instructions to containers
- Inspect and count items received and check them against invoices or other documents, recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 18 years old or have a valid government issued workers permit
- High school graduate or GED
- US Citizen (Screener qualified)
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Lift 25-75 lbs.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, obtain a SIDA badge, USPS certification, and 10-year back ground check
- Customer service
US Aviation is a drug-free environment and has a strict zero tolerance policy for violence and harassment. All employees are required to maintain proper grooming standards and conduct themselves in a professional manner when interacting with external and internal customers. Use of social media with regards to our operations and policies are strictly prohibited.
BusinessView all jobs at UnitedService Companies