your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and
help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with
the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come
true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealthGroup is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve
our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the
opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing
part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60
million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their
symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system,
finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No
other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all
with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion,
Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Telephonic CNA Care Coordinator will lead the new
frontier in care coordination in the emerging provider market through full
partnerships with health systems, hospitals, physicians, communities, patients
and their families.
As the CNA you will interact and collaborate
daily with caregivers, health system physicians, internal and external vendors,
patients and families. You will be integral to the identification of
population health management opportunities as well as the strategic development
and design of these services.
Value is demonstrated through a reduction in the hospital
readmission rates of select patients and improved adherence to evidence based
medicine guidelines and industry quality standards. The CNA reinforces wide
reaching change by contributing to the transformation of a health care system
that meets the demand for safe, quality, patient centered and affordable
- Manage targeted population daily
- Telephonic outreach to enroll into program
- Prioritize and organize ownwork to meet agreed upon deadline
- Work independently and be aself - starter who can work within a changing environment
- Provide acomplete continuum of quality care through close communication with members andproviders via phone
- Complete assessments, address any identifiedbarriers to compliance across the continuum
- Develop care plan and interventions with patientand family input
- Interact in a collegial and collaborativefashion with care team to include: LPNs, RNs, physicians, and non - clinicalsupport
- Support memberswith condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources
- Promote cost effective health care with alignedhealth system networks
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Current, unrestricted CNA State licensure in Texas
- 5+ years of clinical experience as a CNA in a Hospital, Acute Care, Primary Care Clinic or home health experience
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Previous customer service experience
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Living in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high - speed internet connection or leverage an existing high - speed internet service
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift Monday - Friday between the hours of 9am - 7pm
- Previous Managed Care experience
- Previous Case Management experience
- Previous telephonic outreach experience
- Previous experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex psychosocial needs
- Ability to identify with a consumer in order to understand and align with their needs and realities
- Ability to perform effective active listening skills to empathize with the customer in order to develop a trust and respect
- Ability to take responsibility and internally driven to accomplish goals and recognize what needs to be done in order to achieve a goal(s)
- Ability to turn situations around and go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer
- Respectful of and sensitive to cultural / ethnic / religious healthcare needs, practices, backgrounds and competencies
- Collaborative mindset, capable of initiating and strengthening new and existing relationships through active listening in service to the customer
- Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong customer service skills in a professional environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Texas, CNA, hospital, acute care, primary care clinic, EMR, electronic medical records, managed care, case management, telephonic, customer service, telecommute