Training classes start soon – apply today!
It’s that time, isn’t it? You’re ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills. And it just so happens that there’s never been a better time to become a part of the team at UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am-6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 601 Brooker Creek Boulevard, Oldsmar, FL 34677.
- Answer incoming phone calls from health care providers (i.e. physician offices, clinics) and identify the type of assistance the provider needs
- Perform adjustments for complex, closed, denied and simple claims
- Ensure provider satisfaction by delivering status updates and following through to resolve issues
- Identify, anticipate and resolve provider issues to better serve the provider; eliminating the need for future calls
- This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be on the phone for long periods of time interacting with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting, you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office, health care, call-center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Knowledge of medical claims billing ICD9, CPT or HCPC codes
Helping create positive customer experiences for our providers and members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM