Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Senior Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling all member issues as they pertain to client escalations, grievances or complaints cases submitted for consumers. You'll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you'll provide compassionate and empathetic support to consumers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You'll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive, simplified manner so that callers fully understand their health care plans and solutions.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers
- Responds to incoming customer service requests, both verbal and written via account teams or navigator cases
- Identifies and assesses customers' needs quickly and accurately
- Solves problems systematically, using sound business judgment
- Partners with department representatives to resolve complex customer service inquiries
- Monitors delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Applies appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Informs and educates new customers regarding billing / invoicing set up and billing / payment procedures
- Places outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary
- Responds to customer service inquiries in writing as necessary
- Processes member terminations (i.e. phone disenrollment)
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Keeps management abreast of all outstanding issues
- Adapts procedures, processes, and techniques to meet the more complex position requirements
- Addresses special (ad - hoc) projects as appropriate
- Seeks involvement in continuous quality improvement initiatives
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- 6+ months of alphanumeric data entry skills
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Proficient in translating healthcare - related jargon and complex processes into simple, step - by - step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Prior health care experience
- Familiarity with ScriptMed, IRIS, RxClaims, Service Now, Salesforce and Navigator
- Experience with written communication and professional grammar and composition skills
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, outbound calls, Optum, UnitedHealth Group, call center, health care, Senior, SR, account team, CAT, Grievance, Compliant, Specialty, HDP, Escalations