Grow your career with an industry leader! We have trainingclasses starting soon. Apply now!
You love problem
solving and you love helping people. How about a career where you can do both?
As a member of UnitedHealthcare's elite customer service team, you'll work
directly with our customers to help them navigate the health care system.
You'll be empowered to resolve the most complex health care related concerns,
helping to connect the dots for our customers. Your ability to provide
exceptional customer service will truly make a difference in the lives of our
members. Join us and start doing your life's best work. SM
As a Senior Customer Service Advocate, you'll provide our
members with the information they need to make better decisions about their
health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day,
you'll help 50 to 70 callers, in a compassionate and empathetic manner,
providing guidance, support, and escalating issues. This is your chance to be a
sought out as an advisor and advocate to your customer. You have the
opportunity to exceed expectations and improve the lives of our customers every
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday -Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hourshift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am-7:00\m). It may benecessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.Our office is located at 4316 Rice Lake Road, Duluth, MN 55811.
- Serve as a resource or Subject Matter Expert (SME) for otherteam members or internal customers
- Handle escalated calls, resolving more complex customerissues in a one and done manner
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source ofthe issue and work to resolve customer inquiries and issues in a timely andprofessional manner, related to benefits, eligibility and claims, financialspending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals andthe benefits to them of consumer-driven health care topics to include managingtheir health and well-being by selecting the best benefit plan options,maximizing the value of their health plan benefits and choosing a quality careprovider
- Intervene with care providers (doctor's offices) on behalfof the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections withinternal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and otherUnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to becomeself-sufficient
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customerin real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and workwith support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others toresolve escalated issues
- Provide education and status on previously submittedpre-authorizations or pre-determination requests
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it
takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles
you may be interested in.
- 1 year Customer Service Representative (CSR) experience or 1year experience in an office setting, call center setting or phonesupport role preferred, but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GEDOR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond tocustomers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customerexpectations (responding in respectful, timely manners, consistently meetingcommitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevantinformation, determine immediate requests and identify the current and futureneeds of the member
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assesscurrent state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon andcomplex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers canunderstand and act upon
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types ofmember communication styles and personalities
- Proficient conflictmanagement skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situationand demonstrating personal resilience
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hoursof operation including the training period where lunches and breaks arescheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-timeand/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete theCustomer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you
and for us. In today's ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting
your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by
completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history,
certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume,
you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line
pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to
complete as part of our selection process.
You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will
offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of
these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but
you will also be notified via e-mail.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center,
UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, customer
service advocate, customer service rep, SME, Senior, SR