Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We offer opportunities to sell while greatly improving the life and health of others.
Be part of an elite team as a Sales Account Manager. This consultative sales role involves presenting a Medicare Advantage plan called the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home Plan to nursing home residents, their families and / or legal representatives. This role will drive sales goals by managing business relationships for the Medicare and / or Medicaid product lines within an assigned territory and consistent with state and federal regulations for this Institutional Special Needs Plan programs.
The Sales Account Manager is responsible for educating eligible consumers and Institutions about the Medicare product lines; generating enrollment leads and referrals; conversion of leads and referrals to support enrollment of Medicare eligible consumers into the ISNP Medicare Advantage plan; and managing Optum Care Plus engagement with stakeholders and organizations focused on services to a shared client base.
If you are located in Birmingham, AL or Jackson, MS, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work under the direction of the Sales Lead to drive and achieve sales goals by leading or advancing the sales cycle
- Contribute to the development of a viable sales plan for the assigned territory
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Optum Care Plus plans and all UnitedHealth Care Medicare products and maintains all current product certifications and appropriate licensure
- Serve as a liaison for the Health Plan in a designated territory via (group) or individual education opportunities
- Develop new forums to educate eligible consumers about Optum Care Plus products
- Conduct presentations, sales activities and other informational events in accordance with current approved communication and marketing programs and state / federal regulations
- Participate in planning and implementation of outreach strategies and programs in conjunction with clinical and Provider Relations staff
- Travel throughout assigned territory to provide education about Optum Care Plus to promote enrollment
- Responsible for member enrollment and achieving a defined minimum number of monthly sales through solid execution of the following:
- Lead Generation and lead management
- Overcoming sales objections
- Facilitating completion of enrollment application
- Ensuring member enrollment completed
- Execute basic administrative duties as defined by the Sales Lead, including detailed management of appropriate reporting / database systems, funnel management, customer information, territory planning, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of plan benefit, program changes and industry insights
- Ensure compliance and quality of sales process components, adhering to all applicable state and federal regulatory requirements and Optum policies and procedures
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years sales experience
- Experience creating, facilitating and presenting to a variety of stakeholders in-person, conference calls, WebEx, etc.
- Ability to work some evenings / weekends
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Computer skills: Windows-based applications and lead management software
- Ability to work as a telecommuter
- Ability to travel throughout the designated local territory
- State health insurance license
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years successful sales and marketing experience in healthcare or health insurance, preferably with seniors
- Ability to communicate complex healthcare information to potential clients
- Ability to develop and manage relationships to reach business goals
- Ability to be compassionate while selling
- Function independently and responsibly with minimal need for supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities including visiting nursing homes on a regular basis and following up on leads in a timely fashion
- Ability to track a schedule to keep appointments on time and information pertaining to those appointments in order
- Previous experience selling Medicare products
- Understanding of the nursing home environment
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: nursing home, long term care, sales, Medicare, hospice, home care, account manage, Birmingham, AL, Alabama