There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Pre - OP / PACU RN supports the vision of the positive patient experience (PPE) by working cooperatively with the Pre - Op / PACU / OR teams to achieve positive patient outcomes. Supports standards of care in association with compliance to all state and federal regulations, standards of practice and SMA policies and procedures. These positions will also allow for varied scheduling of surgeries to accommodate requests for late blocks and possible weekend blocks for surgeries.
- Implement patient care using nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documentation
- Documentation of initial assessment, nursing intervention and patient and facility education and response
- Safe control of all pharmacy and medical supplies. Assists in maintaining clean patient care environment
- Professional courteous rapport with patient's families, coworkers, and surgeons. Liaison between patient, family, surgeon, and staff to coordinate care and services
- Conduct pre and post-operative teaching to patient and family members
- Participate in facility compliance activities and programs. Work cooperatively with other members of the team to maintain records and reach facility goals
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- 1+ years of critical care experience in ICU / IMC / ER / PACU / Urgent Care
- BLS / ACLS
- PALS (or willing to obtain within 60 days of hire)
- Willing to work both Pre-op and Recovery
- Pre-op and or PACU / Recovery
- Previous Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) experience
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse, RN, Registered Nurse, Critical Care, Surgery, Ambulatory, PACU, Pre-Op, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada