Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Telecommute with restrictions: If you are located within 80 miles of the Springfield, MO area , you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the creation of and assist with the implementation of a comprehensive training and education program with peers, families, providers and staff.
- Assist consumers who are dealing with the most complex and difficult issues, including homelessness, trauma, physical health issues, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with existing consumer and family organizations.
- Effectively communicate plan information to consumers and consumer operated organizations and with families and family organizations as well as consumer and family rights and responsibilities, in addition to a wide array of other topics including clinical policies, analysis of data and program evaluation.
- Identify and outreach to community and leaders of ethnic minority groups to identify and develop programs that are both culturally competent and also use recovery and resiliency.
- Work with the Clinical Program Director, Clinical Director and the clinical team to implement care coordination when requested, which may include peer support as well as other community - based services designed to stabilize the consumer's condition.
- Be available to provide direct support to family members of consumers being discharged from 24 - hour care, coordinate peer coaching if available and / or to refer them to a support group.
- Collaborate with Care Managers, providers, and community agencies and organizations to facilitate access to and transition between services.
- Collaborate with Care Managers, providers, and community agencies and organizations to identify consumers and family members of consumers who may benefit from peer support. Participate in treatment planning with consumers and families who request that support.
- Work with community agencies along with and / or on behalf of consumers and families.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable youto travel to client and / or member sites within a designated area (50%travel time)
- Flexibility to orchestrate and attend two eveningmember events per month
- 6+ months utilizing the principles of recovery andresiliency in a professional setting (i.e. concept of recovery plans, the12 step model)
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Word (createcorrespondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry,sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email andcalendar management)
- Certified Peer Specialist or 1+ years ofexperience working with patients in the mental health and / or substanceabuse fields
- Previous experience working with mental health andsubstance abuse patients
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one
giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it
comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related
information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits
for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new
ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses,
brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where
health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that
means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that
matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Groupis an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealthGroup isa drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test beforebeginning employment.
community outreach, peer support, Springfield, Joplin, Saint Joseph, Jefferson
City, Columbia MO, telecommute