OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) is medical group serving the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties of beautiful Southern California. We are comprised of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model. At OCMG , we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture-we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join us in creating a better future and you'll soon find you're doing your life's best work.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our team in Vista, CA.
In this position you will examine, diagnose and treat patients of all ages for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses. You will counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions, medical concerns, or health wellness.
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, suturing and splinting
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Refer appropriate tertiary care to specialists or care facilities
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner within the electronic medical record
- Collect, record and maintain accurate patient information
- Document items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Active and unrestricted Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license in California
- Current DEA certificate required
- 1 or more years of clinical experience
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Proficiency in a variety of outpatient procedures
- Managed Care or IPA office experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
OCMG is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: Physician Assistant, PA, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Outpatient, Clinic, Vista, CA