The Medical Receptionist performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties to assist the Medical Provider with providing patients with the highest standards of medical care and a positive customer service experience.
- Greets patient when entering the practice
- Obtains accurate and updated patient information, such as name, address, insurance information
- Performs insurance verification on the date of service
- Files and maintains medical records
- Confirms and schedules appointments
- Answers telephone calls promptly and courteously,
- Collects co-pays or outstanding balances on the date of service
- Performs referral documentation promptly,
- Performs certain follow-up services for patients in a prompt and courteous manner, such as scheduling specialist appointments, scheduling follow-up appointments and obtaining copies lab results or specialist reports
- Adheres to the standards identified in Riverside's Employee Policy Manual.
- Cooperates with other RMG employees to achieve specific team goals
- All RMG employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPAA and OSHA requirements
*** Must be available for scheduled shifts between 8 am and 8pm...and to include every other weekend ***
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic computer knowledge
- Customer Service experience
- Bilingual Spanish / English
- High school diploma or equivalent
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical
practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords:Healthcare Delivery, Patient services, Optum, North Bergen, NJ, New Jersey