Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Manager Traffic / Workforce are responsible for all scheduling, call volume monitoring and adjusting. Responsible for determining and communicating work schedules, resources for various call queues. Works with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring.
- Lead the daily activities of a team of workforce planning and/or capacity planners
- Coach and educate the team including employee development and decision-making
- Use workforce management software and call volume history to help manage intra-day staffing levels and to determine the most effective methods for staffing adjustments
- Utilize call center tools to observe agents actual state compared to agents scheduled state
- Manage real-time inbound call traffic to help ensure that service levels are met
- Gain an understanding of the technical and business solutions: optimized schedules, forecasts and other tools and present them to management
- Prepare and maintain reports, dashboards and monthly packages
- Gain familiarity with analysis and ensure consistent methodologies are followed to maintain quality
- Support the preparation of ad hoc analysis that enables strong understanding of the business
- Provide training on report, dashboard and package development to team members and management as needed
- High school diploma or GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience working in a service operations center
- 2+ years of experience in Workforce Management
- 1+ years of team lead/supervisory experience
- 1+ years working with Workforce Management tools (IEX, Aspect eWorkforce Management, Blue Pumpkin)
- 1+ year of experience with Call Center ACD experience
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Word and Excel to create, modify and send documens
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Phone Switch tools (Avaya or IVR)
- Knowledge of IEX TotalView
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies and procedures
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UHG, workforce management, call center ACD, service operations, Eden Prairie, MN