The On-site EAP Specialist is a professional position responsible for providing onsite clinical services to either a dedicated customer or customers in our overall book of business. Responsibilities range from assessment and referral, management consultations, training, and critical incident response. An on-site counselor may also provide consultation to HR, program managers and supervisors on workplace and organizational issues.
This position is a 40 hour work week, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm MST and is onsite at the client location in Tempe, AZ.
- Conduct clinical and solution focused assessments; time limited counseling; helping clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
- Assess and refer to appropriate programs and services including but not limited to: Work life, behavioral health, substance abuse/chemical dependency and community-based resources
- Provide EAP authorization for members needing ongoing/additional counseling services
- Provide limited after care monitoring (following up with employees and/or providers to ensure the safety of employees, continuation of treatment, etc.)
- Assist with development of workplace policies and procedures (e.g. Workplace violence prevention, FMLA issues, Impaired Employee issues) as needed
- Provide manager consultation services on a variety of work-related issues such as; performance management, trauma impacting the workplace, organizational change, individual employee crisis intervention, coaching, and Work-life issues
- Provide crisis intervention and management support in response to Critical Incidents
- Conduct on-site training services for managers and employees (e.g. wellness seminars, Health fairs, Lunch & Learns)
- Participate in monthly 1 on 1's, team meetings, and other customer meetings as required
- Utilize UHG computer to accurately and thoroughly document member contact/case documentation accessing appropriate clinical case management system (s) within departmental time frame
- Follow internal ethical and regulatory privacy policies such as HIPAA, maintain confidentiality and private health information of members. Follows state and federal licensing practices
- Other projects as assigned by manager
- Registered, independently licensed masters level mental health professional or licensed Ph.D. in a behavioral health field with unrestricted license (LCSW, LMFT, LPC)
- 3+ Years of Clinical or EAP experience (post graduate)
- 2+ years of Substance Use Disorder treatment experience in an Inpatient or Outpatient setting.
- SAP - Substance Abuse Professional certification required or willing to obtain within 6 months - Licensed or Certified social worker, psychologist, employee assistance professional, Marriage and Family Therapist or a drug and alcohol counselor (ICRC/NAADAC) is required to obtain SAP
- Computer hardware and software proficiency
- Ability to work onsite daily at the Tempe, AZ client location on a daily basis
- Critical Incident Response experience
- CEAP Qualification
- Experience in settings such as EAP, managed care, private or public clinics, with emphasis on mental health, chemical dependency, and work place issues. Training in EAP, workplace and organizational dynamics desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required and the ability to work effectively among different levels of management and personnel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage stressful situations and multiple competing priorities
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP, CEAP, Employee Assistance, SAP, Psychologist, Social Worker, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Therapist, Counselor, LPC, LP, LMFT, LCSW, Tempe, AZ, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona