Healthcare Data Analyst - NV
- $56,300 to $110,400 Yearly
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The OptumCare Nevada operations team is seeking a Data Analyst who is excited about being part of our growth and success. The position will partner with operational and clinical leadership across multiple service lines including our Clinical Specialty, Urgent Care, Telemedicine and Primary Care Divisions. We are looking for an inquisitive team member who cares about the details but can also think strategically and act independently.
- Develop comprehensive reporting packages related to clinical productivity, performance, and quality for leadership to evaluate overall financial performance and make decisions which will drive organization growth decisions
- Produce well-formatted reports which communicate a clear, compelling message to stakeholders
- Translate concepts of a highly complex nature in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Provide analytical expertise to identify cost trends, by service line, and resolve negative financial developments, while exploring/proposing cost reduction opportunities
- Assess and interpret stakeholder reporting needs and deliver meaningful results which are driven by the identification and validation of data sources. This includes mining that data (often in SQL) and publishing reports in interfaces such as PowerBI, Tableau or SSRS
- Produce and validate cyclical reporting packages in a timely manner, while ensuring the completeness and accuracy of that data
- Work with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Local travel to specialty clinics to meet with Clinical Leaders as needed
Position in this function will be working hybrid - 2 days onsite, and 3 days working from home.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Technical undergraduate or equivalent degree
- 2 years of progressive professional experience
- 1 years in writing SQL, including a firm understanding of relational databases
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data visualization, including reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI or SSRS
- Proven experience in performing data analysis, insight, and communicating highly complex subject matter to a variety of audiences
- Experience in the development of value-added reports, including the presentation of these reports to clinical leadership
- Experience in the audit/validation of healthcare quality metrics derived from clinical data
- The ability to travel locally to various clinics to meet with Clinical Leaders as required
- CPA license, MBA degree, or actively pursuing.
- Experience in using large healthcare data for analytic purposes
- Experience in working closely with Clinical Leadership across multiple service lines
- Experience in utilizing tools such as Mail Merge, Power Pivot, Power Query, and MS Access
- Intermediate knowledge of healthcare coding (RVU, ICD-10, CPT-4, HCPCS, MSDRG, CMI, LOS, etc)
- Knowledge in medical coding terms
- Basic understanding of Managed Care, Healthcare Reimbursement, and Payor Mix
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
UnitedHealth GroupLas Vegas, NV
HealthcareView All UnitedHealth Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.