Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
As a Health Home Care Coordinators, you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education. HCC’s work in a team - based structure and spend the majority of their time in the community engaging directly with members. Interested in learning to work with medically complex patients who may be experiencing significant addiction and / or behavioral health conditions is important for this role.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Help member set goals and develop a care plan to achieve those goals
- Proactively engage the member to manage their own health and healthcare
- Support the member to improve their well being by staying out of the hospital, and attend regular visits to their primary physician
- As needed, help the member engage with mental health and substance use treatment
- Support the member to ensure pick - up of their prescriptions
- Provide member education on community resources and benefits
- Conduct post discharge activities from hospital facility and support connection to social services
- Support member to engage in work or volunteer activities, if desired, and develop stronger social supports through deeper connections with friends, family, and their community
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct Health Risk Assessments (HRA) if needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in social work, psychology, social services, human services, or behavioral sciences OR Associate's Degree (or higher) with Medical Assistant Certified in the state of WA OR High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with Indian Health Service (HIS) or Certified Community Health Representative (CHR) OR High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with LPN license in the state of WA
- Must reside in Clallam County, WA
- Must have resided within the local community for 1+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save documents, spreadsheets, correspondence in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to travel locally within the county up to 60% of the time
- Must be available to work Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Field Based experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of WA Medicaid and Medicare populations
- Experience in Counseling or Behavioral Health
- Case management experience
- Experience working with members of all ages (children to geriatric)
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community& State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Why Work Here?Careers at UnitedHealthcare. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Fortune 6 company, great benefits, room to grow!