Great account management is result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Field Account Manager is the 'field-based Service Owner' responsible for the customer's total service experience with UnitedHealthcare. This includes serving as the key liaison between the customer and the Central Service team, trending/monitoring of service issue resolution, and education for the customer and their employees. They will address any escalated issues sent to them, the SAE, or other field employee. In this position, a major role will be to conduct training/education with customers on UHC eServices and other eTools as appropriate. The Field Account Manager will also be responsible for conducting open enrollment meetings.
The Field Account Manager will generally handle a mix of small to mid-size groups, 100+.
- Own the service experience of customers at the field level by working with the Central Service Team and other matrix partners as required to ensure issues are resolved promptly and accurately meeting the customer's expectations
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with internal partners in Centralized Service Team to manage customer service experience
- Fully accountable for supporting the SAE in facilitating resolution of all elevated customer service requests by working with the Centralized Service Team, and conducting customer consultations as required
- Facilitate customer meetings with the Central Service Team regularly to assess trends and keep abreast of any escalating issues and service trends
- Train customers on eServices. Expand customer expertise and reliance on eTools to drive usage and adoption
- Maintain and provide customer information to the SAE/Analyst on service trends, myuhc adoption, eServices adoption, wellness initiatives, and improvement opportunities, etc
- Work with customers to identify issues/trends and analyze root causes to determine corrective action steps
- Participate/support new business and finalist presentations to represent service experience, or coordinate attendees from other service related areas to support SAE/AE
- Establish and maintain strong and appropriate relationships with customers to maintain persistency
- Establish and maintain Broker/Consultant relationship as needed, but primarily with customer
- Coordinate ordering of enrollment materials/directories for customers
- Coordinate resolution of pre-implementation service and eligibility issues with Implementation Management Organization
- Coordinate implementation activities such as processing transitional care cases
- Conduct enrollment meetings and customer sponsored health fairs for assigned customers (and as needed for multisite requests from other offices)
- Coordinate and deliver billing reconciliations to customers (Quarterly, Annually, or as appropriate for the customer type/size)
- 2+ years of work experience in a sales, account management, customer service or implementation role in the insurance/medical benefits industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate superior presentation skills in both small and large group settings
- Ability to interface with and influence internal business partners through the use of excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Strong team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and UHC eTools
- Insurance license
- Previous experience which demonstrates the ability to work with employers, consumers, consultants, brokers required
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: account management, sales, customer service, insurance, healthcare, Wauwatosa, WI, Wisconsin