UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging. In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career. This is your life's best work.(sm)
The Small Business Field Account Manager is the "Field-Based Service Owner" responsible for the distribution partner and customer's total service experience with UnitedHealthcare.
The principal focus is to serve as the key liaison between the customer and the broker / employer service organization, monitoring service issue resolution and educating customers and their employees.
- Lead, direct and conduct enrollment / benefit meetings and health fairs for assigned business
- Educate and consult with employers on enrollment, benefits, value-added programs, and electronic service processes
- Expand customer expertise and reliance on eTools to drive usage and adoption
- Maintain and provide customer information to the Strategic Account Executive on service trends, myuhc.com adoption, eServices adoption, wellness initiatives, and improvement opportunities, etc.
- Conduct meetings with customers to identify issues / trends and analyze root causes to determine corrective action steps
- Conduct Welcome Calls to new clients (Face-to-Face / Telephonic / Email)
- Education & training of agents / clients on new product launches and service initiatives
- Receive, triage, and route escalated broker issues to proper internal team for resolution
- Collaborate with dedicated functional experts to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Build and sustain positive relationships with brokers / consultants through direct and indirect communication
- Submit claims exception requests through the appropriate service channels
- Request or run ad hoc reports to research a service issue or claim
- Subject matter expert for electronic services, customer benefits and wellness, and internal processes
- Provide utilization reports to the Strategic Account Executive in support of customer renewals
- Request / run miscellaneous reports as required (example: Myuhc.com, Real Appeal)
- Perform other assignments and responsibilities as required by management
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Insurance license as required by law
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- 3+ years of account management experience in the insurance/medical benefits industry
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to work with external constituents
- Experience demonstrating effective presentation skills
- Experience interfacing with and influencing internal business partners through the use of excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience navigating a complex organization to accomplish customer satisfaction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to learn internal technology tools/systems
- Strong team player
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Account Manager, Insurance, Account Management, Insurance, Healthcare, Health Care, Oklahoma City, OK, Tulsa, Oklahoma