Who says house calls are a thing of the past? At UnitedHealth Group, we’re always looking for new ways to run our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here’s an opportunity with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of businesses that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader. Now’s your chance to make a real impact by being an integral part of our progressive house calls program. Join us as we go beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 3111 Camino Del Rio N, San Diego, CA 92108
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Call members to schedule in home visits with a Physician or a Nurse Practitioner
- Answer inbound calls from members and assist them with their inquiries
- Ensure that the appointments are scheduled accurately and resolve any scheduling issues or concerns
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of call center and / or sales experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (create/edit/save/send documents, spreadsheets and correspondences)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Experience working with Medicaid or Medicare
- Experience working in a metric-driven work environment
- Experience working in a customer retention focused role
- Experience using an auto dialer system
- Ability to type and talk at the same time while navigating through multiple screens
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
Ready to answer the call? Take this opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.