Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. You’ll take as many as 50 to 70 calls per day from customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, you’ll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Sunday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7am - 10pm, Monday - Friday and some Sundays). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 3100 AMS BLVD, Green Bay, WI 54313.
- Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of their health plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health, status and potential plan options. To do this, you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient in translating healthcare related jargon and complex processes into simple, step by step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Proficient conflict management skills to resolve issues in a stressful situation