UnitedHealth Group is working to create the Healthcare system of tomorrow and you can help. Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high - performance Healthcare system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. You'll provide face to face service to customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, you'll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity.
The purpose of this role is to interact with members regarding medical and pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims issues and to assist with plan selection and enrollment. This role is expected to identify opportunities to connect members to the best resources to meet their healthcare needs and provide support in order to resolve medical and benefits issues on behalf of a member. The Bilingual Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English Retail Customer Service Specialist builds trust with members across their health care lifecycle.
- Provide in language service to Cantonese, Mandarin and English speaking customers at retail walk in center
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow - up with the member
- Respond to and resolve on the first visit, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims and correspondence.
- Resolve member service inquiries related to:
- Medical benefits, eligibility and claims
- Terminology and plan design
- Pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims
- Correspondence requests
- Educate members about the fundamentals of health care benefits including:
- Managing health and well being
- Maximizing the value of their health plan benefits
- Choosing a quality care provider and appointment scheduling
- Pre - authorization and pre - determination requests and status
- Assist members in appointment scheduling to proactively address gaps in care
- Intervene with care on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to own the resolution of all customer issues and anticipate their future healthcare needs or potential opportunities to improve the experience
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre - authorizations or pre - determination requests
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
- Maximizes use of community and government assistance programs and services. Identify resources available to members and help members apply for much needed subsidies
- Perform Medicare health plan consultation and enrollment. Helping customers select the most suitable health plan to meet their health needs
- High School / GED (or higher)
- Must be fluent (written and verbal) in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English
- 1+ year of customer service experience required.
- Ability to obtain the State Accident and Health Insurance license for New York and New Jersey within 60 days
- Ability to travel between the retail locations to work as needed
- Ability to attend occasional Health Fairs & Community Events
- Prior health and / or general insurance sales experience
- Bilingual in English & Korean
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manner and delivering on commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member
- Ability to overcome objections and persuade members to take action / change behavior
- Ability to utilize multiple systems / platforms while on a call with a member – strong computer skills and technical aptitude
- Proficient problem-solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Excellent conflict management skills including:
- Professionally and adeptly resolve issues while under stress
- Diffuse conflict and member distress
- Demonstrate personal resilience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM