You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Behavioral/Mental Health Care Advocate you will be responsible for case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse cases. You'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members as you recommend and manage the appropriate level of care throughout the entire treatment plan.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You will work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are located in the state of Washington, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Managing and administering inpatient behavioral health benefits
- Reviewing clinical assessments and determining appropriate levels of care
- Determining if additional clinical services are needed
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various levels of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff on those ideas
- Identify appropriate community based services for discharge planning as indicated
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Outlook, Internet)
- Must live within the state of Washington
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Previous experience in a managed care environment
- Experience with the Medicare/Medicaid patient population
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple proprietary software applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: case manager, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, managed care, substance abuse, inpatient, LP, LCSW, MFT, LPC, LCPC, RN, registered nurse, Washington, WA