United Skin Specialists is seeking an experienced full-time Medical Assistant at our busy offices in Chesterfield, MO and St. Louis. We are looking for a long-term team member who will embrace our practice ethics and bring positive energy to the patient support team. Position may float between our Chesterfield and St. Louis clinic locations.
We are a service-oriented culture and customer service and patient care will be paramount to the success of our organization. These positions report to the clinic team manager. The MA performs a variety of tasks to assist doctors and mid-level practitioners in providing patient care, including escorting patients to exam rooms, checking vital signs, and coordinating ongoing care. Under the medical direction of the clinic Physician and the general administrative direction of the clinic manager:
To apply for this position, please go tohttps://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1072USKIN/and create a applicant profile. The quick and easy process will allow to apply for any open positions and keep you in our database for all future openings. Once you create your applicant profile, you'll then be able to apply for this (and other) positions.
· Provide assistance to the physician and mid-level practitioners through coordination of the patient's visit and performing designated procedures and patient care
· Prepare for the day's activities by checking schedules and preparing rooms for patient use
· Perform patch-testing, pdt and other dermatology-focused work
· Assist physician with patient care and education
· Provide direct assistance to the physician with surgical and medical procedures
· Lab functions, instrument processing, blood draws, injections
· Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Requirements: Education and Experience:
· Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Certification Program: CMA( AAMA) or RMA (AMT) or CCMA
· 3+ years' prior MA experience in a medical clinic setting; Specialty experience highly preferred
· Proficient using Microsoft Office, computer applications and ability to operate basic computer programs and equipment
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds and be on your feet for extended periods of time
· Ability to work at our Dermatology clinics locations in Chesterfield and St. Louis as needed
· Hours can be from 7am to 5:30pm based upon the Physician you are working with. You will be given a specific work schedule. All work hours will include the flexibility to come in earlier as needed or stay later as needed.